My feathered flock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My feathered flock

I love birds, such beautiful smart creatures!
    Don't have any myself, unless you count my flock of 16 chickens and 8 chicks? I've got everything from Silkies and Araucanas to Australorps and Wyandottes... and more, haha... Chickens are addictive!

Gumbya Park ay? Changed to Gumbya World now, it's had quite the makeover! I'll have to keep an eye out for your birds next time I visit!

Comment

Yes birds are good although Bob sounds like a handful and rather ungrateful! maybe his epilepsy has affected his personality

Comment

Comment

Comment

A friend of mine had hens and was the same. They used to to hang outside her sliding glass doors waiting for her to come outside and when she would lie on her sun lounge they would want to lie on top of her and be cuddled.

Comment

As much as I love my chickens, I can't fathom having them inside!! They are so messy!! Dodge is good with the chickens, Koda will chase and catch them but doesn't hurt them... Finn would 100% kill chickens if he could. I'm on a small farm so the chooks have a large dog proof yard and they're never free ranging while the dogs are loose, haha!

We have 9 ducks too, they're awesome, just even messier than the chickens, haha!

Comment

Originally posted by maddogdodge View Post
                As much as I love my chickens, I can't fathom having them inside!! They are so messy!! Dodge is good with the chickens, Koda will chase and catch them but doesn't hurt them... Finn would 100% kill chickens if he could. I'm on a small farm so the chooks have a large dog proof yard and they're never free ranging while the dogs are loose, haha!

We have 9 ducks too, they're awesome, just even messier than the chickens, haha!
                Ducks are super messy, I had to handle them for a duck herding trial and OMG did they smell and poo everywhere, I just wanted to get in the shower after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalacreek View Post
                  Ducks are super messy, I had to handle them for a duck herding trial and OMG did they smell and poo everywhere, I just wanted to get in the shower after that.
                  Yeah they aren't an animal you can keep cooped up, they just make SO much mess. Ours have a decent sized yard for night time but during the day they free range. Thankfully they seem to prefer wandering down the paddocks rather than near the house so we don't really notice the mess too much.

Comment

I have a cinammon and a Sun, so not much of a flock myself. Sadly they do not have run of the house 24/7 anymore since I brought my GSD home in August, but I do try to let them have out of cage time a few hours a day. Luckily I work from home so Im always nearby even if they are caged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by von1976 View Post
                      I have a cinammon and a Sun, so not much of a flock myself. Sadly they do not have run of the house 24/7 anymore since I brought my GSD home in August, but I do try to let them have out of cage time a few hours a day. Luckily I work from home so Im always nearby even if they are caged.

Comment

Yes mine do the nose to beak through the bars too lol. But more often than not, they tease and antagonise Mischa sometimes.

Comment

Back on the subject of Gumbya... I visited today and gee whiz it's had a massive overhaul! Huge walk through aviary, I didn't spot any Alexandrines, but there were so many birds to look at, I could have easily missed them.

But if you are wanting a fun day out and you like waterslides, definitely visit again! It's like a theme park now and the water slides are great fun

Comment

Originally posted by maddogdodge View Post
                            Back on the subject of Gumbya... I visited today and gee whiz it's had a massive overhaul! Huge walk through aviary, I didn't spot any Alexandrines, but there were so many birds to look at, I could have easily missed them.

But if you are wanting a fun day out and you like waterslides, definitely visit again! It's like a theme park now and the water slides are great fun

Comment

Working...
                            X