RAIN at last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAIN at last

I'm sooo excited ... we've just had 3 hours of good rain! Doesn't take much to make me happy It was so dry here that the ground was cracked.

Hope the Qlders are coping with the floods. Thinking of you. Visions of Sean & his mutts in a dinghy ...

I was happy when we got rain too! I love it!! Just wish the wind would go away! We spent last night bunkered up in the garage on an air mattress because a huge gum tree in our yard looked like it would fall on the house and there were a heap of tornado warnings. You don't get much sleep when you have to share an air mattress with another person, 2 dogs and a kitten

I'm house sitting for a friend so was panicking all night that her bird (who was on an outside table) would be blown away but thankfully this morning he was okay- just a bit wet but I moved him inside. It took me close to 1hr to get to her house (usually 10mins). I had to call 000 about 3 times because power lines were down everywhere
    Last edited by Kristy.Maree; 27-01-2013, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Ooh wow that's crazy Kristy. The mountains must be shielding my house from the wind as its not that bad here. Just a lot of rain. Our house is a puddle!!

Stay safe
      sigpic

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.

Comment

Our house is on a very steep hill and we still have at least 30cm of water underneath the house.. It just can't drain quick enough. We're up to 95km/hr wind gusts now so starting to get quite rough!!

Comment

I think I spoke to soon! lol it is getting a little bit windy here now! Annnnd we have to go food shopping! lol this will be fun
          sigpic

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.

Comment

Keep us updated. It must be very unpleasant

Comment

Western Australia hasn't seen much rain at all.
              sigpic

Comment

We've had over 200mls in the last twenty four hours a its still p#^%ing down! Had to move the poor horse to higher ground, she was beginning to grow fins

Comment

And more forecast for tomorrow ...

Comment

My next door neighbour - 'very funny young man (?)' - has emailed me and offered to put a for sale sign on the back of my property advertising - 'Waterfront Property for Sale' !

The back of the property is a lake ! The wind has now come - so it will be interesting - to say the least !

Keep Safe Everyone !

Comment

Lot's of indoor games to exercise our dogs at the moment!

Comment

Our dogs are so bored! It's raining all today and yesterday which means no walks
                        One of them is sleeping and the other is watching the rain and waiting for it to stop.

Comment

Hey guys, sorry i havnt been around. We have copped it pretty bad, well not my home but my town

Its a disaster. The news dosnt do it justice......
                          sigpic

Originally posted by reyzor
                          Education is important, but big biceps are more importanter ...
                          DONT SIC YOUR DOGMA ON ME !

Comment

Hey Sean! Great to hear you're OK. Been worried about those of you in Qld & northern NSW.

Comment

Heres a video i made yesterday....it's so much worse than this now. All of North Bundy is getting eveacuated. 100's and 100's of homes are underwater and now the river is looking like it'll start washing some homes away entirely. Theres about 6 Blackhawks rescuing people of thier roofs. The hospital is about to go under too.

This video dosnt even come remotely close to what is happening at the moment. Even though the rain has stopped the river is still rising and taking everything with it.

sigpic

Originally posted by reyzor
                              Education is important, but big biceps are more importanter ...
                              DONT SIC YOUR DOGMA ON ME !

Comment

Working...
                              X