Hi, im Donna from Wollongong NSW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, im Donna from Wollongong NSW

Im a mum of 2 beautiful daughters who are in their mid twenties (no weddings - no babies YET......)
    who loves to dabble in web page design to help family - friends

and im also mum to almost 13 year old Kelpie x Cattle fur baby named Bella.
    sadly 4 weeks ago today, Bella's beautiful brother was in a lot of pain
    and vet said nothing could be done, so we had to let him go.
    Its amazing how sad and how quiet it is without him...

Today I decided to look for a forum and my friend google led me here,
    I look forward to getting to know the forum family
    to share some memories of our boy - Chief
    and maybe get some tips on looking after Bella, she seems so sad.

oh and last but no way least, im a one eyed obsessed
    NRL Newcastle Knights Nut
    and Chief was named after a Knights player

Welcome to the forum

So sorry to hear about the loss of Chief Do look after yourself and Bella.

Feel free to share some photos of Bella and chief

Comment

Hi and thanks for the beautiful welcome
      your puppies are beautiful.
      I had a medium size poodle from when I was 4 till 15 years old,
      he was my best friend and listened to all my teenage problems
      and was good for cuddles too if I needed a cry.

im now going through photos so I can make a album so I can share
      (tears are flowing) as its the first time Ive looked
      Thinking I might have to go old school and get the real photos out and start scanning lol

Comment

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. I too joined when my boy Bailey became very ill and I needed a sympathetic ear (or eye)

I'm sorry to hear about Chief. We know nothing we say can take the pain away but we're here if you want to chat, vent, share ... whatever.

Pete

Comment

Welcome! I am sorry to hear about Chief, it's always too soon for us humans. Maybe Bella is needing a bit of extra love as she adapts to the loss of her brother?

When you're ready, will love to see his pictures

Comment

Originally posted by ihatewetsocks View Post
            Hi,

Welcome to the forum. I too joined when my boy Bailey became very ill and I needed a sympathetic ear (or eye)

I'm sorry to hear about Chief. We know nothing we say can take the pain away but we're here if you want to chat, vent, share ... whatever.

Pete
            Thanks Pete

Being able to now look at photos because I want to share here - has been good therapy already

Comment

Hi,

Pete
              sorry I didn't ask - how is Bailey now?

Comment

Originally posted by ThistleTheDog View Post
                Welcome! I am sorry to hear about Chief, it's always too soon for us humans. Maybe Bella is needing a bit of extra love as she adapts to the loss of her brother?

When you're ready, will love to see his pictures
                Thank you
                im worried im over loving/smothering Bella,
                it took me 3 weeks to finally get her comfortable being in the house lol
                but I just couldn't stand the thought of her being all alone outside
                as they have been together since birth and always outside,
                except for when the kids were younger and wouldn't get up for school,
                so I would let the puppies in to round em up hahahaha

been looking at pictures all day so ready to share
                my boy Chief...
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AuntyD View Post
                  sorry I didn't ask - how is Bailey now?
                  He passed away on 1st July unfortunately (Just got a little teary again)

It's OK though because I know he is not in pain any longer. It was very hard for me but in November we found Truffle in the AWL and were able to give her a loving home. Truffle has been a big help for me and we look after each other

I have to ask aswel; you said you are a one eyed obsessed NRL Newcastle fan ... do you mean you are a strong supporter or really one eyed? I ask because I lost an eye a few years ago and as part of my "grieving process" I joined a one eyed forum (US based) and I wondered if maybe you're a member there. As I'm writing this I'm pretty sure you are not one eyed

Pete.

Comment

He passed away on 1st July unfortunately (Just got a little teary again)

im sorry I didnt mean to do that...so sorry.
                    But I hope you also had a big smile remembering and thinking about your boy Bailey
                    I know ive done a lot of that today

It's OK though because I know he is not in pain any longer. It was very hard for me but in November we found Truffle in the AWL and were able to give her a loving home. Truffle has been a big help for me and we look after each other

yes its heartbreaking seeing them in pain and being helpless
                    and im pleased you and Truffle have found happiness with each other
                    im sure she is loving her new home with you

I have to ask aswel; you said you are a one eyed obsessed NRL Newcastle fan ... do you mean you are a strong supporter or really one eyed? I ask because I lost an eye a few years ago and as part of my "grieving process" I joined a one eyed forum (US based) and I wondered if maybe you're a member there. As I'm writing this I'm pretty sure you are not one eyed

oops... yes I have 2 eyes, sorry if I have offended you
                    I will upload a photo of my Knights shrine soon, so you can see my obsession lol

I cant imagine what it would be like to really be one eyed - again sorry if I caused offense by being so flippant about it
                    I also think its wonderful that there is a one eyed forum to help you with the loss of your eye,
                    and in turn you talking and sharing with others helps them too.
                    im amazed daily at what the internet can offer, so many wonderful things but also so much hate and trouble.

Pete.
                    Donna -Foot firmly in mouth

Comment

hahaha no offense at all and yes I had a smile too. It's good to think back. I can only remember the good times and from time to time I like to reflect back on where the two of us have been together.

re one eye'd; not flippant or offensive at all don't worry about that. I was just curious if you were and if you found the forum. It's not a term many people use to mean literally one eyed outside of the one eyed "community". It really doesn't change much at all except depth perception but you get used to it. Always need to look at the bright side. One eye is better than none!

I'd be interested to see the shrine but I really won't know much when I see it (I can't stand football at all)

Pete.

Comment

you have a wonderful outlook on life and that makes your life much more enjoyable

Donna

im off to upload some pictures of Bella and Chief

Comment

Aww Chief was beautiful! Treasure those beautiful photo memories!

Comment

Originally posted by maddogdodge View Post
                            Aww Chief was beautiful! Treasure those beautiful photo memories!
                            Thanks and im now realising, i should have taken more photos

Comment

What a gorgeous character he is!

Comment

Working...
                              X