Not new but a forum question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not new but a forum question

I posted a thread starter and have auto email notification. There were several replies but I was not notified. Do I have to be logged in to get notification? I noticed I had forgotten to ask to be kept logged in when I logged in.

Thanks for any help and sorry if this is the wrong place.

Nick
    Nick Peg n Benny (or is it Peg n Benny n Nick?) and now Sam (I had not checked my sig)
    (nTess, forever in my heart) (n Sadie who went far too soon)

Subscribe to Thread: Not new but a forum question

Notification Type Through my control panel only Instant notification by email Daily updates by email Weekly updates by email Select how to be notified of updates. You can choose to only display the subscription in your control panel, or have updates emailed to you.

Folder Subscriptions (0 Threads) Select the folder that you would like to keep the subscription in. Folders can be used to organise your subscriptions.

Hi Nick I am just doing a test by subscribing to this thread.

Thread Subscriptions have the same options as forum subscriptions with the following additional option:
    • Instant Email Notification - sends an email as soon as a new post is added to the thread. This is not sent for every reply and will only be sent once until you revisit the forums.
    Last edited by Beau; 03-12-2011, 09:41 PM.
    If you find yourself going through hell; Don't stay. Just keep on going.
    Beau.

Comment

Beau.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I do have instant notification set up, but I did not get notified of your replies.

Nick
        Nick Peg n Benny (or is it Peg n Benny n Nick?) and now Sam (I had not checked my sig)

Comment

Hi Nick, I'm not to sure what is going on I recieved an email notification that you replied to this thread, see email below.

• Reply to thread 'Not new but a forum question'‏

10:18 AM

Australian Purebred & Crossbreed Dog Forum
          To ***** ******

Dear Beau,

oldNick has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Not new but a forum question - in the Help Forum forum of Australian Purebred & Crossbreed Dog Forum.

This thread is located at:
          http://www.dogforum.com.au/help-foru...-new-post.html

Here is the message that has just been posted:
          Thanks for the reply. I do have instant notification set up, but I did not get notified of your replies.

Nick

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
          Australian Purebred & Crossbreed Dog Forum

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you go into your settings can you see your subscriptions list to see if it is active?
          Last edited by Beau; 04-12-2011, 12:26 PM. Reason: removing email linked ins.
          Beau.

Comment

hmmm. I wonder if gmail is "spamming" them. Other forums are OK.

Will get back

Nick

Comment

Sorry. Did not read your reply fully. This is not the only thread that I am not getting notified about. They are all in my subscribed threads list. I actually selected them all and made _sure_ they were instant email, although that is my blanket choice. So I await your reply.

Nick

Comment

Next. AFAICS there is no spam action on the messages. I can't find them in my spam folder.

To complicate matters, I changed my email yesterday. However I was not getting notified even before that.

email should be forumhopnfw (at) gmail (dot) com

Comment

Originally posted by oldNick View Post
                  Sorry. Did not read your reply fully. This is not the only thread that I am not getting notified about. They are all in my subscribed threads list. I actually selected them all and made _sure_ they were instant email, although that is my blanket choice. So I await your reply.

Nick
                  Hi Nick, I have no idea why your subscriptions wouldn't be coming through, mine are working fine.
                  I will notify the Admin about the issue you are having, he might be able to look more deeply into it and remedy the matter if the problem is forum related.
                  Beau.
                  Beau.

Comment

Thanks a lot Beau. We shall see. My only other idea is to use a different email server. I will try that. I am having this on 2 different PCs. I have looked for spam/junk. I have used 2 different gmail addresses....

woops! Had my email entered wrong...that still does not explain why my other email was not getting stuff.

I have fixed that now. I will wait and see.

Nick

Comment

Could someone please post a reply as I have changed my email to another host. All else has failed.

Nick

Comment

testing reply....
                        Beau.

Comment

hmmm...I got this one, via my other email provider. Definitely seems to be a gmail thing. I will try a forcing filter.

Thanks. I shall report anon.

Nick

Comment

Very weird. I have _one_ message from yesterday in my spam box on gmail. By the rules I should have many over several days from the forum. Have to create a let-it-through filter.

Comment

Beau, everything seems fine now. I created a "positive" filter for the forum and it seems to be working. Thanks for the help and patience.

Nick

Comment

Working...
                              X