Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DogForum.com.au hits 7,000 members

Hello everyone,

I would just like to thank everyone who has joined the DogForum.com.au community over the past 4-5 years and has helped us reach 7,000 members today.

We hope everyone enjoys the website and that it continues to grow.

Special thanks to the moderator team who work tirelessly to keep the site under control and running smoothly.

It is well moderated THANKS GUYS appreciated

Comment

Congrats Y'all !!
      sigpic

Originally posted by reyzor
      Education is important, but big biceps are more importanter ...
      DONT SIC YOUR DOGMA ON ME !

Comment

7,000 WOW!!

When did dogforum commence?

Comment

Thanks to our moderators

x

Comment

Woo Hoo!
            sigpic

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.

Comment

Congratulations – Morgan and the team - on reaching another milestone !

7,000 members is definitely not something to be sneezed at !

Really special thanks to the moderators – ‘Hyacinth’, ‘jadielee87 and ‘Sean’ ! Keep up your fantastic work, patience and time – I really appreciate it – as I am sure others do also ! smiley-eatdrink004.gif

Comment

How many are active though. There is never a clean up of memberships.
                My cancer forum has many many thousands. Most are dead.
                sigpic

Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.

Comment

Di Dee

Ouch.

It's kind of like member hoarding - not to clean up the inactive, never posted or banned ones. never mind maybe it would be more accurate to say 7000 have joined... I don't think we'd cope if 7000 were active.
                  sigpic

Comment

Gawd, no. I would hate that tooo!!!
                    sigpic

Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.

Comment

Should have said dead or spammers, lol. There are 4 admins but one is the supreme head honcho. It is owned by Internet Brands who incidentally own vBulletin and many other forums as well so it is up to the tech team in that department and we run a less updated version of vB than here too, go figure, lol.
                      sigpic

Comment

At least we have the spaminator - that does make our job so much easier.

We still get the human spammers tho.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Di_dee1 View Post
                          How many are active though. There is never a clean up of memberships.
                          My cancer forum has many many thousands. Most are dead.
                          This made me laugh sorry....i hope that was what it was intended to do.
                          I'm going to hell for sure now thanks Di..

LOL Hya...i thought you where the Spaminator !!! You sure do a top job mate.
                          sigpic

Originally posted by reyzor
                          Education is important, but big biceps are more importanter ...
                          DONT SIC YOUR DOGMA ON ME !

Comment

We have spamomatic..put in about 6 months ago...thank goodness.
                            It certainly has cut the work down.

205227 Spammers Denied Registration

885 Spammers Permanently Banned

2732 Spammy Posts Automatically Moderated
                            sigpic

Comment

200 thousand spammers denied rego - wow.

I admit I still manually check most new members - to see if they're using an Australian IP & ISP, and if the IP (and other details) are on Stop Forum Spam. And if I get a dodgy one I add it to the forum spam list checker. We still get quite a few dodgy search engine optimisation spam mostly from the Philippines but some other places too. And other stuff from all over. We have an amazing google ranking and some people try to take advantage who shouldn't. And they bump really old threads with really inane or nonsense comments and I find that annoying. It's nice to add the dodgy ones to the list for the spaminator.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X