Brother play date

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brother play date

Last week Finn and I went to a show to watch Finn's brother Hugh in the ring. Also took the opportunity to have the two boys meet for the first time since they were 10 weeks old. I think it's pretty cool that one of Finn's siblings is so close to us considering the breeder is 10 hours away!

They got on pretty well Hugh was SO excited, and a little bit too intense for Finn. But Finn handled it really well, when he felt uncomfortable he simply removed himself from the situation and sat down to watch from a distance... Such a good boy. Finn has never been to such a busy crowded enviroment with so many people and dogs. I'm so happy with how well he handled it!!

19239484_1704243392928428_594369108_n.jpg19357466_1704243382928429_637933803_n (1).jpg20170617_124831.jpg20170617_124835.jpg20170617_124940.jpg20170617_125006.jpg20170617_125333.jpg

Hugh's owner seemed impressed with Finn's conformation and movement and suggested I could show him in neuter classes if I ever wanted to Something to think about for sure!

Originally posted by maddogdodge View Post
    Hugh's owner seemed impressed with Finn's conformation and movement and suggested I could show him in neuter classes if I ever wanted to Something to think about for sure!
    Loved the photos !

If Finn has a Limited Registration Pedigree (ANKC) - then he is ineligible to be shown in the Show Ring. The breeder would need to upgrade his registration to Full Registration - for you to be able to show him.

Comment

Originally posted by RileyJ View Post
      Loved the photos !

If Finn has a Limited Registration Pedigree (ANKC) - then he is ineligible to be shown in the Show Ring. The breeder would need to upgrade his registration to Full Registration - for you to be able to show him.
      Yes Hugh's owner knows the breeder very well and was saying she's sure there would be no problems in switching Finn over to full registration

Comment

nice photos. Hugh is such a show off...

interesting how they both have brown/apricot ears.

It's also brilliant that Hugh's owner was so welcoming. Sometimes the politics of the show ring can get a bit uncomfortable.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maddogdodge View Post
          Yes Hugh's owner knows the breeder very well and was saying she's sure there would be no problems in switching Finn over to full registration
          Good stuff ! I thought you knew about all of this stuff about the difference between Main and Limited Register !

How is Hugh going in the Show Ring ?

I think you and Finn would do well at Rally-O ! Colour Finn up and he would look awesome !

Comment

Originally posted by Hyacinth View Post
            nice photos. Hugh is such a show off...

interesting how they both have brown/apricot ears.

It's also brilliant that Hugh's owner was so welcoming. Sometimes the politics of the show ring can get a bit uncomfortable.
            Hugh is definitely a show off!!

Yes they're both technically cream rather than white... makes no difference in the show ring though. They both also have a cream line down their back.

Yes I'm thankful that Hugh's owner was so welcoming! She even got Finn up on her grooming table to show me how to perfect the show trim She also kept saying to everyone that walked past "Look this is Hugh's brother!!"

It was a really great experience!

Comment

Originally posted by RileyJ View Post
              Good stuff ! I thought you knew about all of this stuff about the difference between Main and Limited Register !

How is Hugh going in the Show Ring ?

I think you and Finn would do well at Rally-O ! Colour Finn up and he would look awesome !
              Hugh is doing really well in the show ring! He got his Aus champion title at 8.5 months old. At the show I watched he won best of breed and junior in group

Here's his DOL profile
              https://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds....asp?dog=93757

Yes I think Finn would be great at many things! Rally-o, agility, conformation, tracking the list goes on.... I need to get my act together and start getting him involved in some things!!

Comment

Working...
              X