Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Truffle first arrived at the AWL

Hi,

I have just been sent a photo of Truffle the day she arrived as a scared little stray at the AWL.

How far she has come is simply amazing (to me at least).

Truffle arrived at AWL.jpgbeach 5.jpg

Pete.

Love it ! Feel very proud with what you are achieving with this little girl !

I am sure if you took her back for a visit to AWL - the people that knew her would be smiling on all 4 of their cheeks !

Yes, she may still have a few issues - but you have proven that time, love, patience and training works wonders ! Keep it up !

Comment

The lady there asked me to send her some photos. I did and I'm sure you'll be right. When I dropped in I told them I had adopted Truffle. The response was "Oh I remember Truffle, she was always very scared."

She was with me today but she stayed in the car. I'll take her back in sometime in the next few weeks.

Pete

Comment

When I got Frosty (who was known as Roany) from AWL - she was terrified of traffic noise. She's still pretty bad - does not want to get out of the car to go into pet stock (any of them). I could work on desensitizing her to traffic (it's pretty bad for noise near the AWL too), but I have this vague feeling that if she runs away from busy roads - that's a good thing.

When she was very little - she used to wait until the car was almost on us and then try to dive under the wheel (argh). We're way better with the less busy roads. But still not great with cars containing dogs and people she knows coming into the parking area next to the off lead oval... I have to put her on lead if I see one of them coming.
        sigpic

Comment

awww look how free and happy she is now with you! food, safe place to sleep, a doting owner...what more could a pup want?

Comment

Originally posted by ThistleTheDog View Post
            awww look how free and happy she is now with you! food, safe place to sleep, a doting owner...what more could a pup want?

Comment

That second photo was taken only 6 weeks after she came home with us too. It's the only one I have that's not blurry of her standing up. Most of my photos are of her sitting.

She is a million times more confident and happy now.

Lately she has taken to jumping on the foot stool in front of me on the "human couch" instead of sitting on the "doggy couch" 2 m away and blocking my view. She quite happily sits upright with her back to me, not really asking for attention, just being near. I'm told this is a mark of respect. What a different world dogs and humans live in sometimes!

Thanks
              Pete.

Comment

Just came back from stealing an obedience class ... There is a dog training school just down the road (10 minute walk) from here. We attended 1 lesson but I don't like their techniques so we never went back (kinda). I figured I have training methods down pat with Truffle and we're having a lot of success. I have no intention of doing agility or anything like that; just to have a healthy, happy, polite friend.

Since they overcharged me for a collar I bought from them the time I attended a lesson (Was supposed to be $14, I gave them a $50 and they gave me $14 change ... I didn't notice until the next day when I looked in my pocket) I have decided to do sneaky lessons on the footpath about 30m away from the group. We copied most of the moves the handlers were doing; just in a force free manner and far enough away that Truffle was not over threshold.

They didn't tell me to go away but I'm guessing they will eventually. It didn't affect any of the other dogs or owners or I wouldn't do it and we came and went so I don't think we were being a nuisance

Pete.

Comment

They might be understanding about the collar thing if you talked to them. A sufficiently unique story is usually believable - or they've got someone in there stealing from them. They'd probably want to know that.

But I can imagine how $14 on the brain would result in $14 being handed to you in "change" no matter what you handed them...

Bizarrely I tend to notice wrong change immediately tho I can't always say why it's wrong - just it's wrong. sometimes in their favour, sometimes in mine, either way I sort it then. Thought I'd left my wallet in a taxi last night - that was a bad feeling... but I found it in my bag - just not the bit of bag it was supposed to be in. So not as expensive as it could have been.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X