My dog barks help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dog barks help!

Our dog is a 12-week old puppy, he barks really loud and we are scared we are disturbing our neighbours as we just moved into the area, we've tried everything. Adaptil, bark control device and lots and lots of exercise. Now we are even looking into soudproofing but got a quote of 20k. Please provide recommendations?

Puppy is very excited and barking to express it and often to get our attention.
    have you considered crate training. This is how i switch my dogs off. By crating them. They have been trained to chilax in crate. You can search this site for how to crate train. Or google kiko pup crate training.
    Start using a crate, then you can put the dog in crate and cover it like you might a budgie.
    bones. Big ones. Unswallowable bones that are not cooked but raw. Do not respond/reward barking. Wait for the nano second of peace n interject then.

Comment

Puppy is very excited and barking to express it and often to get our attn.
      have you considered crate training. This is how i switch my dogs off. By crating them.

Comment

Hi, What I know about dogs thus far that seems like attention seeking behaviour. You can try to avoid the puppy when it does bark. Give him/her a gentle pat on the head when it stops. Its time taking process to create a new habit. Best of luck. Let me know if it helped.

Comment

Working...
        X