Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My dog is missing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My dog is missing


  • #2
    Found thanks to Lost Pet Register, she was only a 5 min walk from me. A couple found her wandering and took her in.
    Looks like I will have to chain the gates now, she must have persisted until it opened.

    Merry Xmas everyone.

    Comment


    • #3
      Found thanks to Lost Pet Register, she was only a 5 min walk from me. A couple found her wandering and took her in.
      Looks like I will have to chain the gates now, she must have persisted until it opened.

      Merry Xmas everyone.

      Comment


      • #4
        Glad you found her safe and sound!

        Comment


        • #5
          Good news! Yes heelers are master escape artists, I have always padlocked my gates. In the past I have also had people let my dogs out so another reason to padlock.

          Comment


          • #6

            Comment


            • #7
              My gates chained and padlocked now. I was really pleased with Mindy (the kelpie) not leaving the yard and following Heidi, she got a lot of extra cuddles and treats. So many dogs missing on the lost & found face book group, just in my area. Brings me back to the question of collar and tag when there in the back yard. If I'd had her collar & tag on I would have had her back that morning, but for safety reasons kept it off while I was away for the night.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Jill View Post
                My gates chained and padlocked now. I was really pleased with Mindy (the kelpie) not leaving the yard and following Heidi, she got a lot of extra cuddles and treats. So many dogs missing on the lost & found face book group, just in my area. Brings me back to the question of collar and tag when there in the back yard. If I'd had her collar & tag on I would have had her back that morning, but for safety reasons kept it off while I was away for the night.
                I have to say I personally would never leave my dogs unsupervised for a night. My neighbours used to do that and unkown to them the dog barked all night, drove everyone nuts, in the end I got them to drop him off with me for the night and peace was restored. Other people I knew came home to find their old cattle dog beaten to death and their other little dog missing and their yard ransacked. I would worry too much. Most times they would probably be fine but I would never forgive myself if something really bad happened. I dropped them off at kennels or with a trusted friend.
                Last edited by Kalacreek; 02-01-2019, 09:56 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Kalacreek View Post
                  I have to say I personally would never leave my dogs unsupervised for a night. My neighbours used to do that and unkown to them the dog barked all night, drove everyone nuts, in the end I got them to drop him off with me for the night and peace was restored. Other people I knew came home to find their old cattle dog beaten to death and their other little dog missing and their yard ransacked. I would worry too much. Most times they would probably be fine but I would never forgive myself if something really bad happened. I dropped them off at kennels or with a trusted friend.
                  Agree with you there, also there still too young. My biggest fear was her being hit by a car. My suspicions are some one opened the gates as both gates were fully opened, but I wasn't there so don't know. I'll have to look at alternatives if I can't take my dogs with me over night.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jill View Post
                    Agree with you there, also there still too young. My biggest fear was her being hit by a car. My suspicions are some one opened the gates as both gates were fully opened, but I wasn't there so don't know. I'll have to look at alternatives if I can't take my dogs with me over night.
                    Yeah long ago it would have been fine most likely, but these days it is just too risky.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X