My dog is missing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dog is missing

Found thanks to Lost Pet Register, she was only a 5 min walk from me. A couple found her wandering and took her in.
    Looks like I will have to chain the gates now, she must have persisted until it opened.

Merry Xmas everyone.

Comment

Found thanks to Lost Pet Register, she was only a 5 min walk from me. A couple found her wandering and took her in.
      Looks like I will have to chain the gates now, she must have persisted until it opened.

Merry Xmas everyone.

Comment

Glad you found her safe and sound!

Comment

Good news! Yes heelers are master escape artists, I have always padlocked my gates. In the past I have also had people let my dogs out so another reason to padlock.

Comment

Comment

My gates chained and padlocked now. I was really pleased with Mindy (the kelpie) not leaving the yard and following Heidi, she got a lot of extra cuddles and treats. So many dogs missing on the lost & found face book group, just in my area. Brings me back to the question of collar and tag when there in the back yard. If I'd had her collar & tag on I would have had her back that morning, but for safety reasons kept it off while I was away for the night.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill View Post
                My gates chained and padlocked now. I was really pleased with Mindy (the kelpie) not leaving the yard and following Heidi, she got a lot of extra cuddles and treats. So many dogs missing on the lost & found face book group, just in my area. Brings me back to the question of collar and tag when there in the back yard. If I'd had her collar & tag on I would have had her back that morning, but for safety reasons kept it off while I was away for the night.
                I have to say I personally would never leave my dogs unsupervised for a night. My neighbours used to do that and unkown to them the dog barked all night, drove everyone nuts, in the end I got them to drop him off with me for the night and peace was restored. Other people I knew came home to find their old cattle dog beaten to death and their other little dog missing and their yard ransacked. I would worry too much. Most times they would probably be fine but I would never forgive myself if something really bad happened. I dropped them off at kennels or with a trusted friend.
                Last edited by Kalacreek; 02-01-2019, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalacreek View Post
                  I have to say I personally would never leave my dogs unsupervised for a night. My neighbours used to do that and unkown to them the dog barked all night, drove everyone nuts, in the end I got them to drop him off with me for the night and peace was restored. Other people I knew came home to find their old cattle dog beaten to death and their other little dog missing and their yard ransacked. I would worry too much. Most times they would probably be fine but I would never forgive myself if something really bad happened. I dropped them off at kennels or with a trusted friend.
                  Agree with you there, also there still too young. My biggest fear was her being hit by a car. My suspicions are some one opened the gates as both gates were fully opened, but I wasn't there so don't know. I'll have to look at alternatives if I can't take my dogs with me over night.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill View Post
                    Agree with you there, also there still too young. My biggest fear was her being hit by a car. My suspicions are some one opened the gates as both gates were fully opened, but I wasn't there so don't know. I'll have to look at alternatives if I can't take my dogs with me over night.
                    Yeah long ago it would have been fine most likely, but these days it is just too risky.

Comment

Working...
                    X