Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6 month greyhound desexed male.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 6 month greyhound desexed male.

    My daughter wants to 'rescue' a grey hound.
    Where can we find info on BSL around requirements re muzzle use.

    I have 2 muzzles and daughter will clicker train that once hes settled if necessary.

    I usually see a older gentleman walking 4 on my dawn walks. But no sign of him all this week. Of course.

    Will a gsd break it? Friendly rambunxtious play style. They look like they'd snap. Eek

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  • #2
    I have no idea on the particular questions you have but I just want to say Greyhounds are so awesome! Lazy as anything but such great dogs, their nails seem to grow like weeds though, so keep an eye on that.

    My uncle has one with a staffy and they get along great, not sure what play style they have though compared to a GSD.

    Comment


    • #3
      So the greyhound met my 2 on sunday. And she didnt get broken.
      She was rather assertive/aggro reactive when mounted by Eli, fair enough, it pisses me off too.
      Now there is an odd thing wrong. And gross alert!
      When she pops. A little nugget is retained by the anus sphincter and sits just outside. So she needs her bum wiping after she goes.
      Is there any suggestions for this. Coz wiping my dogs butt for the next 10 yrs? Ewww n gross

      Comment


      • #4
        I think from November the first they do not have to wear Muzzles anymore.... I cannot find the info, but it was sent to me... I think I would google it
        sigpicPets are forever

        Comment


        • #5
          Green collar license assessment is due this month, which shell pass as no prey drive at all!
          Your right about nails. I trim nails from 2 Italian greyhounds I walk with monthly. As I cant stand how long they are each month causing their toes to lean sideways. But owner is not doing a good job of them and wont/cant pay a groomer.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by newfsie View Post
            I think from November the first they do not have to wear Muzzles anymore.... I cannot find the info, but it was sent to me... I think I would google it

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bernie View Post
              Green collar license assessment is due this month, which shell pass as no prey drive at all!
              Your right about nails. I trim nails from 2 Italian greyhounds I walk with monthly. As I cant stand how long they are each month causing their toes to lean sideways. But owner is not doing a good job of them and wont/cant pay a groomer.
              http://gap.grv.org.au/greyhounds-muz...f-lead-public/

              http://agriculture.vic.gov.au/pets/dogs/greyhounds#

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bernie View Post
                Now there is an odd thing wrong. And gross alert!
                When she pops. A little nugget is retained by the anus sphincter and sits just outside. So she needs her bum wiping after she goes.
                Is there any suggestions for this. Coz wiping my dogs butt for the next 10 yrs? Ewww n gross
                Look at what this pup is being fed to solve this problem. Any raw edible bones ?

                Comment


                • #9
                  I might have been wrong about the timing..but I read it somewhere

                  https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...wQQyKwCkAYn-8G


                  https://www.innersouthvets.com.au/gr...pealed-in-act/


                  https://www.3aw.com.au/exclusive-muz...s-in-victoria/
                  sigpicPets are forever

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X