No announcement yet.

Coat sprays!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have five very fluffy dogs that might get a bath once a year.... I use horse shampoos and a friends hydrobath.

Coat condition often reflects what you feed.... from the inside out
    sigpicPets are forever

Comment

Originally posted by newfsie View Post
      I have five very fluffy dogs that might get a bath once a year.... I use horse shampoos and a friends hydrobath.

Coat condition often reflects what you feed.... from the inside out
      Spot on and so true ! I love your post !

Comment

maddogdodge'
        I can't be bothered with debates now days but I do just want to say my thoughts on this. No offence intended to anyone. I think to imply that only an unhealthy dog will have a doggy smell is un-accurate.
        Oh, the joys of the printed word in a forum ! I never said that only unhealthy dogs will smell ! My comment was:

Probably best you don't make assumptions.
        Hi there all,
        Our three month old Kelpie puppy gets a little bit of a doggy smell a few days after her bath. Wondering if you have any recommendations for coat sprays? Preferably natural.
        She is on a kangaroo mince and sweet potato diet. No allergies, again, received confirmation from a qualified vet.
        Please'Balanced Diet' to thrive. Kangaroo meat and sweet potato is NOT a balanced diet !

Maybe, look at this link to see better options to feed your pup:

https://perfectlyrawsome.com/dogs/raw-feeding-puppies/

Comment

Originally posted by stressedandconfused View Post
          I can assure you she is well and healthy. She was visited by the vet on Saturday. Probably best you don't make assumptions.

This is my first dog, I have always had cats and cats clean themselves there always smell "clean". I'm not sure how to describe the smell other than saying a dog smell. The smell isn't unbearable but obviously doesn't smell nice and fresh like she does after a bath.

She is on a kangaroo mince and sweet potato diet. No allergies, again, received confirmation from a qualified vet.

Yeah definitely do not agree with two baths in eight years. Not into that. I want my dog feeling fresh and clean and smelling the same.
          Yep as a puppy kangaroo and sweet potato is not a balanced diet. I feed kangaroo and sweet potato but I add organ meats, eggs, kale, coconut oil, turmeric, sardines, yoghurt. I also feed a good quality biscuit and raw meaty bones. With puppies important to pay attention to the calcium phosphorus ratio as well as there is a lot of growth and development happening. I see RileyJ has posted a link for you

Good you have had her vet checked, we just make these suggestion and not a reflection on your care. I often don't see others posts till after I have posted cos I am on satellite so there seems to be a lag time.! I come from a family of vets and have friends who are vets which is very useful at times

I can assure you that 2 baths in 8 years is fine. Mine are bathed about the same and they have very clean, shiny coats that don't smell. It really is better for them not to overdo the baths, but that is my opinion. I am not worried about having them smell of fresh shampoo lol. Mine would go roll in something horrible if I did that to them on a regular basis lol.
          Last edited by Kalacreek; 02-11-2017, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X