Garlic for dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garlic for dogs

With dogs in the past, we were never allowed to give onion or garlic, however I noticed at the pet store, a lot of the food has garlic powder in it, especially some of the biscuite treats . I thought garlic was a definite NO as with onion.

it is poisonous in large doses. supposedly is a medicine at correct dosages. ?? being not a vet, im not going to play around with that. i try to avoid foods with garlic added
    Last edited by ThistleTheDog; 26-12-2017, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThistleTheDog View Post
      it is poisonous in large doses. supposedly is a medicine at correct dosages. ?? being a vet, im not going to play around with that. i try to avoid foods with garlic added
      Maybe - Look at what I have highlighted above ! Maybe you could add a 'not' before - being a vet !

Comment

ah yes i've missed a word

Comment

I avoided them, but was curious why they were adding garlic, she goes back to the vet on 11th Jan for third injection, I will ask her.

Comment

Apparently adding garlic to their food repels fleas. I'd say a tiny amount is needed, no where near even a full clove. I add garlic when i make liver cake or cook a stew for my dog, but only a tiny amount. I have done this for years, and have never encountered any problems.

Comment

Working...
            X