Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bitch due to have pups? (unexpected complications which may arise)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She was taken to the male on a Monday and spent 3 days there with us as soon as we got there she was very interesting in him backing herself up to him and so on, now for the interesting part lol he got on her and in her but they didn't tie and after that she got snappy with him while he kept trying again so we stopped it and thought we would try the next day well she would not have any of it after that we stayed there for 2 days ( visiting friends of outs) we come home thinking we missed our chance and was wrong with the number of days she had been on heat we did not expect her to b pregnant!!

Comment

For the next 2 days she wouldn't even let him near her she even got aggressive with him so we didn't see any point in upsetting her anymore she is normally such a mellow dog

Comment

Have you had the pregnancy confirmed? A phantom can go on for the entire 9 weeks. I assume you have felt the pups moving around yeh?

Comment

Slip matings (no tie) can result in pups. I hope they're in there! We've had convincing phantoms with milk, nesting and swelled bellies...

It sounds like she had already ovulated or might have even been near the end of her receptive period which should mean she may whelp sooner rather than later, anytime from tonight or tomorrow, or another three or four days. It's a nerve wracking time!
          sigpic

Comment

Yes can feel pups moving and she's so big she just waddles everywhere and she very swollen I'm thinking I'll take her to our vet in the morning just to get her checked out, she keeps coming up to me and looking at me like she confused and wants me to do something but nothing I can do might sound odd but it's not the pups I'm worried about its her and if something goes wrong, she is our family dog who we adore we have 3 small children who love her as much as me do I just worry cause it's her first litter

Comment

Always good to put your mind at ease. The first litter is always a nerve wracking time.
              She may have the pups before the vet opens

Comment

Taking her to the vet is a sure way to have things start up normally, just so she makes you feel like a maximum worrywart!

Make sure you put up pics when they've arrived. My kids got to watch ours being born as she helpfully whelped in the afternoon after school! It was really great to all do as a family, and then have the pups grow up with everyone. Pretty special.
                sigpic

Comment

^^^^ Much like

Comment

No puppies yet..... Yes will take pics when they are born Hopefully our boys will be able to watch them be born that would b awesome!

Comment

Taking her to vet at 11 today I'm abit worried bout how swollen she is today its hard to describe but I've never seen a bitch this swollen so I'm taking her to put my mind at ease

Comment

Fingers crossed all is ok.
                        sigpic

Comment

All is ok she's just big cause she's a big dog vet says, 3 more days if no pups we take her back

Comment

Aww so glad to hear everything is okay, I know your carefully watching and hoping she has those pups in three more days good luck

Comment

So excited.. can't wait for the big news

Comment

Originally posted by Liss05 View Post
                                All is ok she's just big cause she's a big dog vet says, 3 more days if no pups we take her back
                                My girl is due in 3 days.. 6 pups will be born...

Liss05, Can you feel the pups moving and kicking .. Kirri's pups are very active now..
                                Last edited by mitte; 29-12-2011, 02:33 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X