Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bitch due to have pups? (unexpected complications which may arise)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nattylou View Post
    Do you know how much they weigh Liss?
    I would hope she is weighing them every day.. can't breed a litter without scales :/

Comment

• Tips will be coming home later this arvo she is fine just recovering now was 5 pups so that's 12 all up

Comment

• Many vets are not repro experts either unfortunately, and would be looking this stuff up. Here is a chart showing weight of pup vs how much they need in a day. Note 1cc = 1ml. Scroll down a little for chart.

Leerburg | Bottle Feeding Puppies
        sigpic

Comment

• Lovely news.
          sigpic

Comment

• Same idea Nattylou, I was going to post the Leerburg link also.

You will have your work cut out with this little tribe of 12......Good luck
            sigpicPets are forever

Comment

• I really, really hope they're going to be bedded indoors Liss...
              sigpic

Comment

• Thanks for link
                And yes they will all be inside
                I feel like I'm getting a little judgement on here now....
                But really I don't mind our dog is going to be ok and all pups are alive and feeding
                I feel we have done all we can for her and had already made the choice to spay her after the 3rd pup toke so long to b born...

Comment

• Thanks everyone for your help and advice

Comment

• Pretty sure the pup on the grass was there because Mum birthed there

Comment

• Yes birthed on grass after vet told us to let her do whatever she wanted cause labour had paused...

Comment

• you did the right thing.
                        Glad she is out of surgery.
                        Keep us updated please

Comment

• I'm only concerned Liss as you seem to have plunged into this with so little preparation, so there is so many unknowns in the situation. Makes it hard to advise.

There's no point being judgemental here. I'm just trying to think of any other little things that you might need to know to make the next few weeks a bit easier.
                          sigpic

Comment

• the forum just removed my post lol

ah well

Comment

• Originally posted by Liss05 View Post
                              Thanks for link
                              And yes they will all be inside
                              I feel like I'm getting a little judgement on here now....
                              But really I don't mind our dog is going to be ok and all pups are alive and feeding
                              I feel we have done all we can for her and had already made the choice to spay her after the 3rd pup toke so long to b born...
                              Am so glad the surgery was successful. It's going to be very full on looking after 12 pups.. Will the surgery affect Tips milk at all ?
                              sigpic

Comment

• Glad mother and pups are well! What a happy reunion it will be when she's back home.

Comment

Working...
                                X