• Show
Clear All

• Itoy & Suerti
    replied
    How could they.

Leave a comment:

• Foxterrier
    replied
    I'm in tears as I've just recently lost my mate. And when it mentioned the needle I was gone,

Rip Molly
    Miss you every day
    Forever in my heart

Leave a comment:

• Allan53
    replied
    Originally posted by Madame Leash View Post
    Oh my goodness. Tears upon tears. I work at a no-kill animal shelter, I still am deeply disturbed by the way in which people can surrender their dogs and not even look back. The day that I am no longer upset by this is the day that I know I am no longer fit for the job! ADOPTION, THE ONLY OPTION!
    A no-kill shelter? Sounds fantastic, but how does that work, in a practical sense? This is going to come off as callous, but how do you deal with the dogs that nobody wants to adopt? Wouldn't that get cost-intensive pretty quick?

I ask because I genuinely want to know how that works: if it can be set up more often, I can only see that as being for the good.

Leave a comment:

• Tess's Mamma
    replied
    I was basically crying from the start I knew where this story was going. Its even sadder because of the ignorant people that allow these story's to be written. Its made me realise I need to spend more time with my own precious puppy. It is hard being at work or uni all day to find the motivation to take her for a walk to the park at night.
    Thanks for posting the story though.

Leave a comment:

• BorderCollieCallix
    replied
    That's so true, Kuri. I also suggest people asking for the cheapest breed to adopt rather than buy one. Come to think of it, they don't just save money from buying, they even save a life.

Leave a comment:

• BorderCollieCallix
    replied
    OMG! How could you? This made me sad, honestly. It's so sad to think that there are people like these.

Leave a comment:

• Madame Leash
    replied
    Oh my goodness. Tears upon tears. I work at a no-kill animal shelter, I still am deeply disturbed by the way in which people can surrender their dogs and not even look back. The day that I am no longer upset by this is the day that I know I am no longer fit for the job! ADOPTION, THE ONLY OPTION!

Leave a comment:

• Kuri_89
    replied
    Humans will always be the most cruelest being on this earth. I adopted my baby molly at the age of 2 1/2 years & this is very much her story - family didn't want her anymore, her cost of living was more than they could afford , , so she was surrendered the pound. Then i met her & she has been my heart & soul ever since. I hate to think what may of happened to her if i never came along... My heart feels heavy after reading this story, but i try to do my part by suggesting to people i know searching for animals to head to the pounds and shelters, even if we can just save one more from such fate...

Leave a comment:

• K9Kazza
    replied
    That story is so sad. I feel like my heart is broken. How could you?

Leave a comment:

• joliesmith
    replied
    I just logged onto DOL and noticed an update to the Rosie thread there. Rosie has been found finally! Great news.

Leave a comment:

• Oskar's mum
    replied
    I was already in a bit of a humdrum mood before I read this. Reading that just made me feel ever so sad, and I do feel like crying. I had goosebumps while reading it. I am not much of a people person, so it makes me sad when people don't try and consider their pets. The only time I have had to have my dog put to sleep was because he had cancer, and we took Attila to the vet to get his vaccinations so he could be flown interstate because we were moving. We unfortunately had him put to sleep before we moved...it was a devastating time.

Leave a comment:

• Diesel&Bandit
    replied
    i really should not have read this at work !!

Leave a comment:

• Misschief
    replied
    Im at work and I have make up EVERYWHERE!! and no more tissues... its so sad humph what the world has come too.

Leave a comment:

• toni
    replied
    This is pathetic, my red eyes flooding
    With tears. How very, very sad we all share
    This planet with creatures great and small
    And should respect and look after them.
    Yeah people suck alright thats why i have
    My beautiful puppy.

Leave a comment:

• jadielee87
    replied
    This story is so sad, I started reading it today at work, but had to stop cause I didn't want to sit there bawling my eyes out.

My aunt is like this, extremely irresponsible! She will go and get a dog because she can and then either gives it away, give it to the pound or it will died for some reason. She recently moved interstate and took the dog she (when I say she, I actually mean my grandmother - as it was her that looked after him, my aunt just "owned" him) had for 10 years to the RSPCA and she said she "couldn't" take him with her. I think the poor dog lasted maybe 3 or 4 days before he had to be put to sleep because he was so anxious being away from his owners, they said they tried everything but all he wanted was to go home.

People like this make me wish we had some sort of licencing system surrounding owning pets.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X