Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URGENT HELP NEEDED !! Well trained 10yo rotti X needs a temporary home 6-8 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT HELP NEEDED !! Well trained 10yo rotti X needs a temporary home 6-8 months

Hi to all dog lovers out there,,

My partner and i are going to the US for an extended stay and my father (who was gong to have Noodles)
    cannot look after him which has left me in a serious bind as i would much prefer to leave him with family/familiar places & faces.

I have had noodles since he was 5 weeks old and he is not a full size rotti(due to the X) He is quite stocky.
    Loves people and pats, sleeps inside outside during the daytime.
    He doesnt need walks every day anymore (gets tired) 2-3 times/week is sufficent.
    Loves going in the back of my ute and would be an excellent companion on the road.
    House trained with great table manners. - I could go on forever
    Obeys all common commands eg sit, drop, halt, come etc and i would be happy to have a day to handover the training side of things.

I live in Melbourne (balwyn) and we are travelling on the 7 th March so time is of the essence.

If you feel like you might be able to help please call/contact me.

Kind Regards

I don't know anyone in Melbourne, but I was looking for pet minders myself recently and found a website where people who look after pets in their own homes can list themselves and some of those looked pretty good. Especially those that mentioned letting dogs sleep on their beds!

I think it was this site: https://www.madpaws.com.au/petsitter...ourne/Victoria Seems to start at $20 a day.

I ended up not using them, but would still consider it if I couldn't find another option. Good luck.

Comment

Ok thanks Beloz

Ill look into it, i was hoping to find something more long term but time is short.

cheers

Comment

Hi 'Max'.

Another suggestion for you:

https://www.facebook.com/Dogshare-14...04571/?fref=ts

http://dogshare.com.au/

Comment

Pet rescue has some info and steps about what you can do if you need to rehome your pet.

https://www.petrescue.com.au/library...-rehome-my-pet

Can you take him with you to the states? Someone local might be able to help with short term boarding while you get things sorted over there. If you were going for a couple of years or so it would be worth it?
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks Riley signed up today

Comment

Were only going for 6-8 months so i cant take him with me unfortunately and i dont want to give him away...

Comment

Originally posted by Max View Post
                Were only going for 6-8 months so i cant take him with me unfortunately and i dont want to give him away...
                I am really not sure you will find anyone prepared to do this – now - that you have stated your expected time frame of being away. Your pup is 10 years old ! Does your pup have any sort of health issues ?

That is a very long time to expect someone to look after your pup at his age. I thought you were only talking about 2 or 3 weeks away !

This will cost you a lot of money to achieve what you want. You will be totally responsible for all costs involved with your pup. Have you budgeted for this ?

I believe you need to rethink re-homing as a realistic alternative for your pup. I suggest you speak to your local AWL (Animal Welfare League) and see what they can suggest.

Good Luck and I really hope you can achieve what you want here !

Comment

You might find someone who fosters dogs might take yours on, provided you cover costs and forgive them if something goes wrong. You'd need a contingency plan with a commercial boarding kennel if the foster carer has an unforseen problem and cannot continue to look after your dog.

Pet Rescue people might be able to help you find the right person.
                  sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't think any rescue would be keen to help in this situation as that is 6-8 months that a spot is taken up that could have been taken by multiple dogs rescued from the pound.

Your best bet is to advertise widely and to find someone whom you can return the favour to. That would be your best case scenario. Try the local swap/sell facebook pages and similar.

Comment

6-8 months that a spot is taken up that could have been taken by multiple dogs rescued from the pound.
                      Maybe but where is this dog going to end up if they can't find a place for it.

There are people who are in the same situation as OP - ie they've got a temporary placement in Oz... and they might like a temporary dog fix...
                      sigpic

Comment

I very much doubt the OP's dog is at risk of ending up at the pound, no matter how desperate they are. It's a sad fact that those who treat their dogs as disposable things take up all the resources that rescues can muster which leaves them no room to help responsible owners.

But there may be some that aren't overstretched and it may be worth a try, I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                        X