Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whippet Lovers Far and Wide!!

Hey
    I only just stumbled on this breed taby-bit so I thought I would try to find out just how many of the people here have whippets... i have seen heaps of photos so why dont you tell us a little about your babies!!

I'll start...
    I am a breeder so I have quite a few whips. But my babies are Ra, Katie and Ace.
    Ra: His real name is Jarrah. He is a beutiful rich red dog with black mascara lining! He was one of the first breeders we ever got and in his prime he was a force to be reconed with! Now he is graying and getting a bit old but he is still all muscle and loves his cuddles.
    Katie and Ace: This is my newest Daddy/Daughter pair. They were donated to us and am hoping to start showing them soon. They are the BIGEST sooks I have ever met! Katie is going to start her obedience training soon and we might even try a little bit of agility, if that what she want to do (she is a whippet after all lol)

SO let me know about you and your babies... yes?

Breeding, Showing, Training and general crazy making!!!
    If you seek understanding listen to the music, not the song.

I have three whippets and a litter of 7 that are 6 weeks old.

I am a fairly new convert to whippets. They are now the only breed for me.

Comment

yep that happens lol they are irresistable

Comment

Well as nearly everyone on this forum knows, I have -

Jethro male whippet who was purchased as a show dog but got to tall so was pulled from the show ring. He is now a much loved pet.

Millie female whippet who was a rescue through ARF. She is 8/9 years old and someone lost her, she was found 12 months later but as they had"Already replaced her" they didn't want her anymore so she is now a part of our family.

I got into whippets as I show and I have always liked them in the ring and now I have two of my own, even if I can't show them!
        sigpic

Comment

cool!

Comment

Hello i am new i am from holland and i got 8 whippets.. super breed
            Regard's Tim

Breeder of whippets

Comment

Originally posted by Chasing Lanes View Post
              Hello i am new i am from holland and i got 8 whippets.. super breed
              Well Done!!! They are an ediction! Once you have one, you get many!! lol

Comment

Yes you say it correctly.. How many do you have 3 if i read correctly? And also i breeder. Do you race or show or coursing with them?
                Regard's Tim

Breeder of whippets

Comment

I am a breeder right now I have three dogs and two bitches at stud. They are great dogs

Comment

nice to meet a breeder acrossed the world.. do you race or show them?
                    Regard's Tim

Breeder of whippets

Comment

Originally posted by Chasing Lanes View Post
                      nice to meet a breeder acrossed the world.. do you race or show them?
                      Show... We dont really do a lot of racing withthe whippets here, more of a greyhound thing.

Comment

Okay here in holland we do both.. Whippet racing is bigger her in europe.. Do you also use the whippet archives?
                        Regard's Tim

Breeder of whippets

Comment

Hello I am from Victoria & I have a lovely Whippet mix Charlie! Lovely boy he is!
                          From Charlie & their hot & sunny home town Melbourne, Australia

Comment

Originally posted by **Hyper_Lil_Charlie** View Post
                            Hello I am from Victoria & I have a lovely Whippet mix Charlie! Lovely boy he is!
                            thats great! they really are wonderful dogs

Comment

Meet Tig! He's come for a holiday along with his 2 Italian Greyhound "siblings"! That's Bella who decided she wanted to share the limelight with him.

Better watch out MAC...I might have whippet withdrawals when he goes home in 5 weeks time!. Btw, Tig came from a breeder in Menangle, he got returned at about 1 year old, he's now 2.
                              Attached Files
                              sigpic
                              In My Home Dog Minding
                              www.greyhoundrescue.com.au

Comment

Working...
                              X