X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quarantine

Hello again,

Thanks to all you regulars for your words of encouragement regarding bringing our Daisy with us to NSW, they are much appreciated.

One other thing that we are not sure about is the length of time dogs from UK have to stay in quarantine on arrival in Australia.

We are getting conflicting info.

The official line is, all dogs have to be in quarantine for a minimum of 30 days after arrival in OZ.
    However unofficially we have been told that due to UK being Rabies free and as long as dogs are micro chipped and have full veterinary history with all inoculations are up to date, they are given a blood test on arrival in OZ and as long as this is clear of any infection they are released after a week or so.
    Can any one enlighten us on this please.

Many thanks

Griffo

I suggest googling official Australian government websites for information.
    sigpic

Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.

Comment

Import Conditions Database - ICON - AQIS

Category 2: Minimum 30 days in Australian quarantine - DAFF

It says a minimum of 30 days - plan on 30 days, but it could be more if your dog is not healthy.
      sigpic

Comment

When I brought my Labradot over from the UK 4 years ago she had to stay for 30 days. I haven't heard about the early release thing, doesn't sound right
        sigpic
        The best things in life, aren't things

Comment

Sounds like a pain in the you know what!

I want to take my dog with me when I travel, seems so unfair.

I wonder how all those bloody rich pompus blondes get in and out with their hand bag dogs?

Comment

Old thread again. Closed off.
            sigpic

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.

Comment

Working...
            X