Dandruff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dandruff

My greyhound is blue brindle and has very fine "fluffy" fur (like duck down). Unfortunately, he gets dandruff around his hips.
    Is it just Spring malting season?
    He gets a shower with doggie oatmeal shampoo every 6-8 weeks and keeps a very healthy diet including drys, fresh meat and bones.

Can anyone comment on this? Thanks!

Hello cazztan, I have two greyhounds black in colour and have simular problems. I find that plenty of fish oil in their diet plus regular Bathing and grooming will help. With the grooming i find sometimes using a blunt hacksaw blade helps get rid of dead hair and over time their coats will look bright and shiny. Anyway i hope i have helped you but im sure other people on this forum might be able to give you plenty of advice on this topic. cheers Dougie

Comment

Wow. A blunt hacksaw blade! it sounds rough, but then I read BLUNT

Thanks for the tip. I don't have a regular routine for grooming or fish oil or sardines in his diet. I'll definitely start implementing these though.

I'm confident the showering and shampoo are OK.

Wish me luck!

Comment

Originally posted by cazztan View Post
        Wow. A blunt hacksaw blade! it sounds rough, but then I read BLUNT

Thanks for the tip. I don't have a regular routine for grooming or fish oil or sardines in his diet. I'll definitely start implementing these though.

I'm confident the showering and shampoo are OK.

Wish me luck!

Hi cazztan...

I agree with Dougie, fish oil caplets are excellent for dry skin, & they help keep the coat nice & shiny & moisturized. But please slowly introduce them into your dogs diet, 1-2 per day for a few days, then increase to 3-4 daily. Any brand of fish oil is ok, chemist or supermarket brands. When i introduced fish oil to Floyd,i made a booboo & gave Floyd 4 at once, opps runny poop, ohh well he got cleaned out

"Alloveen" oatmeal shampoo is also great, soap & PH free & it smells nice too , it's now avail & cheaper at BIG W than it is at vets or pet shops.

Comment

Working...
        X