Would love to know ?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would love to know ?????

Hello everyone im new to this so excuse me but just wondering if any of u bulldog experts can tell me what breed of bulldog u think my baby is . His name is booba and he is two years almost 3 yrs old. I would love to breed him not for money just want one of his babies. Im pretty sure he is a well bread bulldog. Kinda matches charicteristics of olde english or victorian. Very amazing dog i would just love to keep his bloodline! going he is most definatly the most amazing smart funny loving bulldog i have ever had thanks in advance .

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk

The only person that can tell you 100% accurately what sort of bulldog you have is the breeder of this dog !

Please have a really big re-think on breeding this type of dog. It is not for the faint-hearted or first time breeders. There are many problems with breeding this breed of dog. Heath testing is very important. Because of the size of the head - even with new born puppies - cesareans are the norm. So vet bills become very high for a few pups in a litter.

Think very carefully about breeding and mating your male.

Comment

Comment

Comment

The OP is probably in California and mentioned the "Victorian" (Bull Dog) - it's a breed in the USA - trying to solve the same problems as the Australian one, and nothing to do with the Australian State Victoria. Confused?

So given the above - it is very unlikely that this dog is an Australian Bulldog.

it might be - given the legs are too long for a standard English Bulldog - an American version. Or a Johnson Bulldog aka American Bulldog.

Or it could be a cross of any of the above and an American Staffordshire Terrier or Pitbull.

If you don't know the breeder of your dog - you might go along to an American or Victorian Bulldog club and ask them what they think. If your dog is microchipped - that might give you a clue to his origins. If he's not microchipped - it would be a really good idea to get it done, usually costs less than $50 and much cheaper if your local county or council or shelter runs promotions for it. Easiest way to get your dog returned to you if he accidentally escapes. Any vet should be able to check for an existing chip or put one in for you.

There are lots of problems and risks with breeding - even for your male dog. It really helps if you get someone who has some experience to talk you through. And for the females - there is a real risk of death because the puppies heads are so big, so you need really good vet supervision through the entire pregnancy and the vet needs to be there for the birthing process - probably to do a c-section.

And I don't think anyone does spinal blocks on dogs...(how they do c-sections on women). there would be a slight problem with getting the bitch to keep still. And so the alternative is general anaesthetic and the risks associated with that.

You might find the puppy of your dreams with one of the breeders in the bull dog clubs - they are all meant to have the personality you describe.
          sigpic

Comment

Looks like a boxer cross to me.....
            sigpicPets are forever

Comment

Australian Bulldogs were developed by cross breeding English Bulldogs with Boxers. Apart from the markings, it looks just like my Australian Bulldog.

Comment

Originally posted by Gray-Hand View Post
                Australian Bulldogs were developed by cross breeding English Bulldogs with Boxers. Apart from the markings, it looks just like my Australian Bulldog.
                Pretty sure (based on info a moderator can get that regular users don't see) that OP is not in Australia. I guess it's possible that Aussie Bulldogs have been exported. Or the USA attempts to improve the English Bulldog - have outcrossed with Boxers too and got the same kind of look.

It's a pity they haven't come back and updated us.
                sigpic

Comment

LOL, so I was right
                  sigpicPets are forever

Comment

Working...
                  X