• Boxers

Here is some fast facts on Boxers

Size: Medium Males 57-63cm 30-32KG Females 57-59cm 25-27KG
    Grooming: Easy
    Exercise: demanding
    Feeding: Medium
    Temperament: Biddable and fearless

There you go.

I have owned four boxers and all have had a fun loving disposition.The only problem I have had was that none of them lived past 12.My vet informed me that I was lucky that they lived that long and that 9-10years was the norm. Has any boxer owner found this to be the case?

Comment

Hey Bella i dont own any boxers although ive heard that 10 years + is a long life for the breed not sure why but many pass away around 7-9 years of age.

Comment

Originally posted by bellaB View Post
        9-10years was the norm. Has any boxer owner found this to be the case?
        Unfortunately, yes. I had a boxer a few years ago and she passed away at 7! I didnt realise when i had her that their lifespan was that short.

Comment

Wow I didn't know that about Boxers until reading this. Thats a little sad. I will just have to make sure that his life no matter how long is a really good one.
          sigpic

Comment

BoxerMum,
            You're profile picture is adorable. My boxer was red with a white stripe just like it!

Comment

You are right Boxer's mum. Boxers are worth the heartbreak you go through when they die because they give a lot of affection during their life span. Before I bought my last boxer I looked at other breeds and was tempted to get a smaller dog as my friends said most had longer lifespans. However I went to look at a new boxer litter with my daughter and that was it. Bella, my brindle boxer is a delight and is now 7 years old. She is gentle with the grandchildren but very protective of our house and the neighbours homes. She still acts like a puppy at times especially when we first get up in the morning.

Comment

I would rather have a boxer for 7 years than any other dog for 15 !!

Comment

I never had a boxer. But they look so huggable!
                  Border Collies are like potato chips, you really can't have just one…

Comment

Old thread.
                    Education not Legislation

Comment

Working...
                    X