DNA Testing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNA Testing

Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I can go about getting my 2 bcs tested for hereditary disease. I was hoping to breed a litter one day but want to make sure they are clear first. They are purebred but not pedigree.
    Many thanks

Ask your vet.
    sigpic

Comment

Let vets check your dog so you'll know.

Since they are testing for hereditary, I think vets will need to check the parent's history as well.
      Border Collies are like potato chips, you really can't have just one…

Comment

Originally posted by Jorelle Park View Post
        Hi I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I can go about getting my 2 bcs tested for hereditary disease. I was hoping to breed a litter one day but want to make sure they are clear first. They are purebred but not pedigree.
        Many thanks
        DNA testing that is recommended is CEA, CL & TNS... CEA testing can only be done at animal network(google it) they are in Melbourne.. CL & TNS can be done through Alan Wilton from the University of NSW... (Google him as well)

samples are best taken by your vet, you will need to get in touch with both to get sent sample kits, then make appointment with your vet to take the sample, send them off and await for the results...
        sigpic

http://www.dunwurkn.webs.com

Comment

Working...
        X