Border Collie Puppy Food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Border Collie Puppy Food

I have a 14 week old Border Collie. What would you recommend for his food? Dry or canned? Price wise?

For dogs if the only options are dry or wet, I'd say dry. I personally like to feed dry and raw or dry and the dog rolls from Prime100.

Brands of dry I recommend are:
    Black Hawk (Roughly $100 for a 20kg bag depending where you shop).
    Meals for Mutts ($120ish for a 20kg bag depending where you shop).
    Ivory Coat ($90ish for 13kg depending where you shop).

Personally I like Meals for Mutts best, Black Hawk used to be great but I found my dogs didn't thrive on it like they used to so I switched. I've heard good things about Ivory Coat but It's out of my price range so I've never tried it. My dogs are doing great on Meals for Mutts.

Comment

I feed nutro natural choice - they have a puppy version. Made by the same company as Advance - but my dog got the runs on the adult advance. And it's the same company that make mars bars - go figure.

But I also make my own casserole dinner out of roo mince for my dog. Just as well at the moment - she's just had a tooth out so can only eat mushy food.

There are a lot of raw meat based diets but I would probably wait until your dog is full grown before feeding that unless you can find someone (eg breeder) to advise. Just meat by itself is not enough for a dog nutrition requirements.

Price wise - the sky is the limit.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X