Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Affectionate family dog give away

Default Affectionate family dog give away

Beautiful brindle coloured terrier cross free to a good home. Family pet, great with kids, well trained. Enjoys going for walks and fetching. A little shy at first but very affectionate. Needs a loving new home, can't keep her at the new house. I can email a photo if needed

That's no good. Why can't you keep her? How long have you had her? Could you not find a temporary place for her until she can come back?

I hope the give away isn't due to behaviour or a simple moving of house, as the people on this forum aim to keep pets with their owners by helping in any way they can

Pictures are always a must, even if it's just so we get to see a cute face

I'd also suggest speaking with your local rescue groups to find her a home, as they would have a lot of fosters that would take her temporarily if you are unable to find her a home immediately.

Good Luck!!

Was trying to figure out how to post a picture, got it now. I recently moved back together with my wife after being apart 2 years. She has a dog phobia... nuff said

BTW, the dog is a desexed female.Jupiter.jpg

She looks a lot like my dog whom I suspect is a kelpie x staffy (with possibly some other breed/s thrown in the mix).

I'm sorry you are subjected to a real life "It's me or the dog" scenario. Hope you find your dog a loving home. I second contacting some rescue organisations in your area for help. You can find a list here: The PetRescue Shelter Directory | PetRescue

Not really "nuff said"

That's a terrible reason I believe that falls under the category of "I'm giving it away because my girlfriend doesn't like dogs".

Have you considered helping your wife overcome her phobia of dogs by allowing her to meet your affectionate and well trained beautiful dog??

Even though you may get a few "passionate" comments from other members (hopefully not), I'd like to state that I am pleased you have taken this route rather than posting "Free to good home" on the trading post or in the paper.

She really is a beautiful looking dog. If she is as great as you claim she is then you wont have trouble finding her a new home.

I still stand by the option of getting your wife over her phobia. Has this been tried?

keep your dog and just tell your wife sorry, lol.

The mans gotta do what a mans got to do. I am a woman and when my OH tries to hang his ugly tiger picture up in my house i will throw all tanties to get it off and he will always succumb to my will A dog is not a common object such as a picture but i can see how he's torn - and how in the end he really doesn't get a choice.

I second trying to get your wife to get to know your dog and see how that goes. But i'm not going to sit here and judge you if you decide to continue with giving your dog away i would suggest a animal rescue organisation also.

This is nuts. I think going back to an old partner is a bit like when a dog sicks up their dinner and then goes back and eats it again later. There's a reason there was a split and both parties need to do a lot of introspective work to understand why or history will repeat. For me - it's love me and my dog...

Nevermind. Petrescue has some great info on how to find your pet a new home.

Help! I need to rehome my pet! | PetRescue

I think it would also be helpful if you said where your nearest capital city or big town is. I have no idea where you and the dog are in Oz or the world.
    Last edited by Hyacinth; 06-15-2012 at 04:07 PM. Reason: cant spell

Also I would really suggest not offering free to good home as well. Unfortunately while you think your dog might be going to a fantastic home, it is not always the case. They can be used as bait dogs in dog fighting rings and if not desexed (which you don't have to worry about) can be used as a puppy making machine.

If it were me, I would be telling the ex that you take me, you take the dog... but then I don't see dogs as a disposable item either.

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.

It's also easy for me to say 'take me or the dogs, or we can't be together' but we don't know this persons situation. We don't know if there are kids involved or whatever. Whilst i agree that ex's are ex's for a reason life isn't as black and white or as simple as we hope it can be.

I think the best thing we can do is offer possible solutions, or give the best possible advice when it comes to the re-homing procedure - because i for one don't want this dog to end up in the wrong hands or in a situation that is not best for the dog rather than judge the OP.

Thread Information