Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brushing tail?

Thanks everyone
    i'll try some of your tactics, and let you know how it goes!
    i'll also look into some detangling spray!

Sunshine Coast

Koda wears pants?????!!!! LOL

Logan, Brisbane QLD

I use to have the same problem also, and Molly still doesn't like anything or anyone anywhere near her bum!

She has been taught the 'stand' command for vet checks, brushes etc & is pretty good until they get to her butt & then she drops to a sit. I've combatted this by starting from scratch and placing my hand under her tummy, near her genitalia area where there is a very soft patch of flesh. This is a very tender spot for dogs, so try not to be too harsh, but i gently hold my hand under that area and she stands straight back up again.

I use a detangler also, hold my hand under the tummy at the tender part & use the other hand to brush.

Sunshine coast Qld

Yep, thats exactly how i do it well.
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mohandas Gandhi

with nugget she a short hair dog all it takes is a rubber curry comb and a rag and she loves it
    If you are reading this then you're doing just fine as to
    I'm not going to tell ya I lost the ' , . ? ! " Keys to my head
    No grammar no problem I don't know how to fly it any way Bye

melbourne australia

Not to highjack this thread, but Pohm and all other rotties ive owned are stupidly sensual. Really sensitive to touch. This has caused issues with grooming, as they collapse when you touch them.
    They go nuts if visitors have floaty skirts on (i dont wear those sorts of clothes at home, and when i do, i sneak out the house as i generally get fussy about dog hair on those sorts of clothes).

Whilst i can 'groom' a rottie with a pair of rubber gloves on and they are done in 5 mins, so not an issue, but do other peoples dogs collapse on them in pleasure?

Thread Information