Thread: Wanted mini foxie female pup

Smile Wanted mini foxie female pup

hi im wanting to buy a mini foxie female pup im having no luck been looking every place i know i find some and there allready gone so im not quick enough, its my daughter birthday on the 29th april so really hoping to get a puppy by then so can u please let me know if u have a puppy thanks oh and only want to spend around $200 and im located in wollongong but will travel if its not too far away

Unless you want to support a backyard breeder or puppy mill I doubt you will find one for that price by that date.

Have you tried dogzonline? You will be looking at around $1000 for any purebred from a reputable breeder but you will save money in the long run on vet bills buying from health tested parents rather than a random litter in the newspaper or online.

Alternaively you can try shelters or private rescues but I wouldn't tell them you are buying the dog as a birthday gift for your daughter, pets should never be gifts.

SE QLD

Good post Crested!

The only place you will find a dog that soon for that price is through a back yard breeder/puppy farmer or rescue organisation. I would search some video's on you tube though if you choose to go the puppy farmer/back yard breeder route though to see what these dogs are put through so you can have a puppy on demand.

I personally think a bit more thought should be put into it... a puppy is not a toy that can be cast aside when your daughter is over it.

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.

For the best quality puppies it can take 9 to 12 months to get a puppy and it helps to meet the breeders first and the puppy parents too, so you get an idea of potential temperment.

You could - give your daughter - the promise of a puppy on her birthday - and start your research for a good breeder now. But it's really unlikely you will get a pedigree puppy for $200. Any puppy.

Even the rescue bitsas - are more than that because they come desexed and vaccinated and microchipped and that costs more than $200. Any puppy you get should be microchipped ($30 to $40 for microchipping). That's the law in NSW now. If you get your puppy from someone who hasn't microchipped the puppy - you run all sorts of risks regarding the health and temperment of the puppy that can cost you lots more in vet fees and behaviourist and trainer fees than if you bought from a responsible breeder in the first place.

What is a responsible companion animal breeder? - RSPCA Australia knowledgebase

Note - in contrast to that article - some responsible breeders do advertise for interest in litters on the internet classifieds - just so that the general public has the choice between them and the dodgy puppy breeders.

Good point Hyac, yes reputable breeders do advertise online and in newspapers as well but they are pretty easy to spot amongst the dodgy ones.

Sunshine coast Qld

Kylie, Not sure you will get a healthy pup from a breeder who's dogs are health tested for that money. Think about a foxie x or a rescue, but which ever way you go find a x breeder or pure breeder who is responsible, dosent have 10 or 20 other dogs in cages breeding in the backyard and who's home is clean, dogs health tested and her dogs part of the family.

Taking the time to choose a pup carefully will lessen the likelyhood of huge vet bills and a whole lot of heartbreak in the future for yourself and your daughter.
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mohandas Gandhi

Thread Information