Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pure Bred American Staffy to go to a loving home

Post Pure Bred American Staffy to go to a loving home

We have a desexed male American Staffy free to a good home. Chase is approx 2.5 years old and we unfortunately cannot give him the love and attention he deserves. Chase lives with another male american staffy who he gets along very well with. He is a very intelligent, loving and high energy dog who needs PLENTY of exercise and a nice big open yard or acerage. He does not get along with most dogs as a result of being attacked by a dog a while ago at a local dog park. Chase is not suitable to have around young children as he is a very powerful and excitable dog. He is very loving and loyal dog and if you chose to adopt him he will give you many years of happiness. Chase will be best suited to energetic owner(s) in a single dog household so he can receive the love and attention he deserves.

Hi Win, is chase desexed? I would really consider getting him done if he isn't and putting a purchase price on him as well. Being an AmStaffy he could quite easily be a target for illegal dog fighting as either a fighter or bait dog. Putting a price on him could help avoid that happening.

Have you contacted any rescue organisations in your area?

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.

Hi Jadie yes he is desexed see above, I have seen my local rescue center in the past and it looks like hell so i want to avoid placing him there at all costs. And i will consider putting a price on him thanks a lot for the advice

I hope Jadie finds his forever home
    Pets are forever

If he is pedigree with ANKC papers, your dog's breeder may be interested in having him back or helping you place him or may be able to put you in contact with people who will help place him eg AMStaff rescue people.

If he is not pedigree with ANKC papers - then he's likely to be declared a pitbull and restricted breed and that may make rehoming him legally - really difficult if not impossible. The kindest thing then might be to take him to the vet yourself and get him PTS. Unless you're in the ACT or NT and then the rules are slightly different (they're not automatically restricted and you can sell or give away the dog).

rescues are not usually the same as pounds or shelters - usually the dog is fostered out with someone in their home who knows how to take care of a dog, and breed specific rescues have breed specific experienced foster carers. Though most foster carers have their own dogs as well, so not too sure how a dog that doesn't like other dogs would cope in that situation.

This website has - under the "more" menu item some stuff about what to do if you need to rehome, and some links to stafford and bull breed rescues around Australia.
    Staffords In Need - Staffords in Need - Home Page

PS it would be helpful to know what state you're in and the nearest big city.

My dog is NOT getting put down and he is NOT a pit bull. He has full papers, and we are located in the sunshine coast region. I have seen plenty of dogs at the pound who are not friendly with other dogs.
    Last edited by Win; 04-16-2012 at 06:22 AM.

Hi win,

There is a rescue group in QLD called best friends rescue. I suggest contacting them for some advice on your situation. They have a staffy rescue, as well as a private adoption page (where chase can continue to live with YOU until a suitable home is found for him).

Best Friends Animal Refuge Rescue Gold Coast Brisbane Queensland Australia - Index - take a look at there website to put your mind at ease.

P.s - In my area (Logan, QLD) alot of staffy & staff x's are put up for adoption in our pound. I don't think being put to sleep is necessary.

Hi Win, I think Sippy Creek has a foster care program so Chase could stay at home until a home is found. Give them a call - just widens your advertising so a good home can be found.

Don't get upset over Hy comments - in Vic without papers (but as Chase has papers it isn't relevant) it would be illegal to rehome him and if found the rangers would take him forcefully and he would be PTS. Rather than this happen (and it is very very common in Vic) many people are choosing to PTS their dogs in their own arms so it doesn't happen while being held down on a concrete floor by a stranger. Many dogs that don't even contain ASBT or APBT blood are being destroyed and losing in court cases. There was a post here just yesterday of a dog who will be put to death for just being the same colour as some APBT. very very sad.

By the way - the APBT is the same as a ASBT. It is just two different lines of the one breed - genetically they are identical. The only thing that holds them apart is that the ASBT has a few decades of breeding for show purposes and the APBT maintains the original standard.

I hope you find a home for your boy. Good luck

If he is papered then begin with his breeders.

If still having issues please PM me

I just need to ask the question though.... is it just Chase being rehomed?

I would go back to the breeder as well. Here is another rescue group that do great work from what I've seen. Sorry I can't link cause I am on my phone. But you should be able to search and find them on Facebook.

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.

Thread Information