Thread: What playpen size is suit for my dog?

Smile What playpen size is suit for my dog?

I'm going to be buying a pet exercise playpen for my dog, but the problem is that i dont know what size of the playpen i should get for her! shes a adult standard schnauzer. here are the sizes:

29" x 29" x 17" high,

36" x 36" x 23" high,

46" x 46" x 28" high.

28”w x 48”h

It would depend on what you are using for I guess.

If it is for outside then you will want one with a roof so the dog can't jump or climb out.

If it is for inside supervised then whatever will fit in your home.

I have had a 3 month old puppy scale a 39" playpen before and I have a friend whose dog died climbing out of a pen (the top caused internal damage) so any open top playpen is out of the question here unles supervised.

My puppy/Dog will have 10mx10m of the backyard for herself - TBH I am not sure as well if this efficient space, but we have the footy field/park just across the road - so we plan to take her there for 30 to hour exercise

How big is your dog going to be? The playpen needs to be big enough so that she can stand fully without bumping her head when she is fully grown - how long are you going to leave her in there? Is this for supervised play only? I bought a large crate for my Italian Mastiff puppy and she is just about fully grown and sleeps in it every night - she lets me know when she needs to get out to go to the "little girls room" ! You need to think about everything that you are going to use this playpen for?

Rural NSW

Is this question about a play pen or a crate?

My dog yard is 90mtrs circumference, that is their play area.

Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.

If the play area is small, the dogs tend to just sleep until you come home and let them out. Somewhere I read how big the space needs to be, I think 26m square is about it. Ie a whole back yard on an old style quarter acre block. I know my dog has about this much room in the back and entertains herself for ages hunting mice and rats. I think I need to get a terrier next to actually dispatch rodents instead of just stalking them.

For an adult schnauzer - I'd get the biggest pen.
    46" x 46" x 28" high.
    Last edited by Hyacinth; 02-19-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Thread Information