Thread: Size

Question Size

Hey Guys

So far i have found this forum very helpful, its nice being able to ask for advice

Just have a quick question, i'm just wondering if anyone has a Jack Russell cross Australian Blue Cattle Dog and knows how big they will get?

I know most cross breds have different outcomes in puppies just wondering what out comes other people have had?

First, congratulations on your new pup Any chance of pictures??

As to it's size, I would guess somewhere between the expected sizes of the parents. Did you see the parents? I hope the ACD was the mother lol

Generally if the breeding was 50/50 then you would probably end up with somewhere half way between those breeds of dogs regular height/weight but if you don't know if the parents were pure or not etc (and I am guessing you don't as your pup was a rescue) then probably no way of telling until your pup is all grown up.
    You can take some clue from what size we are now but it would be a guesstimate.
    How much does does your pup weigh now?

Thanks she is beautiful
    Im told the Mother was the ACD, i also saw her brothers you have never seen 4 pups so different before
    she is about 5kg and has big paws for a little pup

it's very hard to say, though she looks more foxie than anything but that could be just how the cross throws. Mum could of been a big ACD or a small ACD or not even pure, same with dad. Maybe there was also more than one dad if there is a big variation with the puppies - or not.

Genetics is a funny thing, they can also throw back to paternal or maternal grandparents etc. My dog always throws at least one pup that is a dead ringer for his paternal grandfather no matter what bitch he is put to. So for a crossbred the sky's the limit and unpredictable.

Though as a general rule, size of feet, knuckle in the front legs, general all over bone can help in predicting size, though JRT's are stocky little dogs.

But regardless she sure is a cutie & reminds me of our little mini foxie from when I was a kid.

well your pup is almost already the size of a small full grown Jack Russel so I would hazard a guess at somewhere between 12 - 18 kilos....

Your pup is gorgeous

Southern NSW

Cute looking pup and welcome
    Pets are forever

Thanks all and she sure is a beautiful little thing lol

melbourne australia

omg cattle dog x JRT.
    Gorgeous. And i wonder when it'll grow into those ears lol. so cute. 5kg. ahhhh bless. Fox Terrier size id say.

makes me want a tiny again.

Thread Information