I took Banjo with me when I went to visit a friend. We were chatting in the backyard when I suddenly noticed a bad smell and then saw the dog rolling around on her back on the lawn. I yelled at the dog and ran over to see where the dead animal was, as that was what it smelled like. Turned out it was rotten eggs!!! She must have gotten them from the compost heap and my friend said they'd been there for at least 3 months. The whole yard stank to high heaven. And the dog... Let's just say we gagged when she came within 10 metres of us.
So I had to wash Banjo then and there. First time since I've had her! She had never rolled in anything smelly before (I knew that was pure luck) and I tend to just take my dogs for swims instead of washing. She has shown fear of having water poured over her so I was bracing myself for a battle.
I got a bucket with warm water and a container, tied the dog up at a pole and washed her with the only shampoo I could find in the car which was Malaseb. She tried to get away from me, but eventually calmed down and it was not as hard as I thought to pour the water over her. She was obviously feeling very sorry for herself though. She needs a second wash too, but it will have to wait till tomorrow.
My old dog was always rolling in dead animals (rotting carp was her fav) so I usually keep dog shampoo in the car.