just got home from the vet and im really worried about my little girl.
yesterday evening she had her usual spout of energy at about 530 and was good as gold,
at around 900 i fed her, lily and harley dinner but she didnt eat anything but thats not unusual for her as she will often leave it until she is ready (midnight snack) so i didnt worry.
bedtime came and she didnt touch her schmakos which is very unusual as she will normally bark at the jar where they are kept if i ever forget. she just smelt them and walked away. i still didnt worry too much as she was normal in every other way.
she hopped into bed with me and had a really nice long cuddle (normally she will try to escape after a few mins ) then moved over and tried to make room on OH pillow. before i fell asleep i put her onto her bed cos she has been having the occasional wee in her sleep lately and dont want to wake up to that in my bed especially on OH pillow.
thismorning OH got up and the schmakos were still there and tessa was not on her bed. he found her laying at the back door on the mat. a few clear vomits around and some diarrhea.
i got up and took her out and she had a couple more, she hardly had any energy to stand and kept laying down, i made a bed for her in a box and put her beside me. offered water but she refused. called the vet as soon as they opened and took her in.
she has laboured breathing, diarrhoea, vomitting, fatigue, low temp.
they admitted her, took blood, put her on iv fluids, will give her some antibiotics and medication for nausea. and will do a chest xray.
i couldnt stay there, i would of sat beside her all day but they said no. all i can do is sit by my phone and wait and hope for good news.
she is 16 years old and i know i need to prepare for the worst incase its cancer or something else serious or if she isnt strong enough, i will make that decision when its time.
i feel helpless,
also the vet is unstaffed overnight and if she doesnt improve they want to keep her overnight but id rather have her here with me so i can be with her incase something happens and there only opened in the morning tomorrow and are closed for the long weekend and would transfer her to the emergency vet $$$$$$$$$$$$$ after that.
i will call in a few hours if i havnt heard anything and discuss bringing her home tonight,
in the meantime i think i will go crazy.
october 11 072.jpg