Thread: Dog food recipes

Default Dog food recipes

Hi all,

Does anyone know any good dog food recipes??????

my mate appears to be bored eating his raw meat and bikkies.......

Is there anything else I could do to make his food more interesting???? he likes kangaroo.... but lately he appears to be not very interested?

He seems to want to eat chicken all the time?????

Any ideas appreciated thanks...

Rural NSW

Dogs stomachs are set up for raw meat, so IMO a cooked diet is not the way to go.

Some times I use sardines, some yoghurt, raw egg, left over tinned cat food, suitable table scraps in their dry food.
    I vary their meat depending on what I have on hand (they have their own freezer for bones, raw chicken wings and carcasses) as I live out in woop woop so I buy in bulk.

What signs do you see to make you think he is bored?

Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.

Bundaberg QLD

Cheap tinned tuna every now and then gets my bloke eating like a stoned Labrador with the munchies !!

Quote Originally Posted by reyzor View Post
    Education is important, but big biceps are more importanter ...

Di_Dee1 thanks for the tips...... he pulls out the meat from the bowl and slaps it on the concrete and leaves it there.... hahaaa He has been never interested in the dry food and I have tried about 5 different brands.... he only wants to eat the meat not dry food but now he doesnt want to eat the meat too... strange thing is this: if I hand feed him he will eat the meat out of my hand.......?? He hates carrots but sometimes he likes rice........ Also can dogs actually eat bones????? I mean chew the bones and eat it? I heard that dogs teeth can be damaged from this???? So I bought him a massive bone like the size of a cows back leg...... it was massive he started to eat it.... so I smashed it with a hammer and got the marrow all out for him..... he was so excited when He saw all the marrow..... He has pasta sometimes.

Sean can't believe you said that.......... about the TUNA hhaahahahh last night I did that and he thought it was christmas he went crazy and ate the tuna in like 5 seconds... loved it.

Thread Information