Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coping with Missing Someone While They're Away.

Default Coping with Missing Someone While They're Away.

Ok guys, I hope this doesn't sound as pathetic as I feel buuuut..
    Its been three days since my boyfriend went on holidays to Thailand, and he has another 14 days to go till he's home. He said he'd email me and/or call me from a pay phone whenever he gets the chance, but so far I haven't heard anything. This is fine, he's on holidays! He's enjoying himself which im really happy about, but I am missing him a lot already.
    I have been trying to distract myself with work, my pets and my friends, and its better then being at home by myself, but im just feeling miserable still. Im so embarrassed that my boyfriend being on holiday for 3 DAYS(so far) is making me feel so lonely.
    The only thing thats keeping me positive is how good the reunion on the 10th of December will be.
    Without judgement guys(please) how do you cope when your loved ones are away, and what can I do in an attempt to make the time go by quicker!?
    Education not Legislation

I haven't had a partner go on a trip without me before, but I imagine it would be awful *hugs*
    I would be concerned with the lack of contact also.

Thanks Pugger, that makes me feel a little less obsessive and crazy!
    I've heard many bad stories about guys and Thailand, but I have no fear about any cheating on any shady activity going on, so the lack of contact doesn't really concern me, just makes me miss him more(lets be honest, if he cheats on me, we're gonna break up, if he doesn't then all is well, there isn't anything I can do)

When my OH goes away to work in the mines occasionally he has no reception so sometimes it's a week before you hear from him! Lol I know exactly how you feel, and it's always the longest 2 weeks ever until you pick them back up from the airport!

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.

Doing lots to distract is about the only thing....AND...planning an awesome reunion

I must admit even after being married for over thirty years, i still hate it when we are separated. I think it is just how it is with some of us.
    Thank goodness I have horses and dogs to keep me busy and at least not alone on the house by having the dogs with me
    Pets are forever

What are the odds, I got an email from him half an hour ago. They're stuck in Singapore as their connecting flight was cancelled, so using his friends phone he sent a very rushed, un-loving message, but its better then nothing. He said he'd try and call me at 5(9:00 our time).
    Thanks for your replies guys, it actually makes me feel better. I'll probably come here and vent a bit, so bare with me

Boys going away sucks. My partner just got a job up north on a 4weeks on, 1 week off roster... so very very shit.
    How long is he away for? Hopefully he brings you back cool stuff!

My ex husband is in the military, and when we were married, there were times when I wouldn't hear from him for a couple of weeks. I worried, but there was nothing I could do, it was part of the lifestyle. There were times I wouldn't see him for up to 10 weeks.

Its natural to miss someone, I get sad if i don't hear from my boyfriend within the day sometimes hehe. We women are emotional folk. If he gets up to no good, then yeah seeya later mate, but all you can do is trust him, and he will more than likely return faithful...I would worry unfortunately..I have heard of stories in thailand too. you will be right!!

I spend a lot of time on the phone or watching movies.

I have been with my OH for 13 and a half years. We have never been apart except 1. when I came to Oz for 4 weeks to start my new job and 2. when I went to Perth a coule of months ago for this new job. For me then, it wasnt as bad because I was the one away doing new stuff so it was kinda exciting.

Anyway, 3 or 4 weeks ago, my OH went away for 9 days to a mine site to do some work and it was horrid. I sleep with a screwdriver under my pillow and everything LOL. I just didn't know what to do with myself at all. And then on Tuesday morning he left again for Victoria and he gets back tomorrow night. This time round I seem to be not so bad so I have obviously gotten used to it and it helps that this trip I can call him every night whereas on th emine site we maybe spoke 3 times in the whole 9 days.

Anyway, you do get used to it kind of...and the reunion is the best ever! When my OH got back after the 9 days away, we were all over each other for about 3 or 4 days (not alot but when youve been together so long that type of stuff can be few and far between even if you do love each other heaps LOL) afterwards so it made it kinda worth it.

Hope you dont get too upset with it though and if ya wanna distract yaself with a new phone friend, feel free to ring me LOL

My OH works an equal time roster away so it's just life for me to be away from him ever 4-5 days for 4-5 days BUT I always have contact so its ok, when we have no contact its another story.
    Cheers Aleesha
    Lilly, OH & Boof ..... the 3 things that make life tick!

All posts made under the name of "Shelby-001" are copywritten and may not be used in any publication or media without my prior written consent!

Thread Information