Thread: Please Suggest a Dog Trainer in Blacktown Council

Default Please Suggest a Dog Trainer in Blacktown Council

Hi guys i got myself a 10week old pup yesterday. He'e really good but i need to get him toilet trained. I need some help to start with. He keeps on going in the wrong places. He sleeps in the garage in a large cage but is free to get out of it. He poos and wees on the concrete floor. I'd love to train him to use the dog potty i got for him. During the day he's outside in the backyard with is fully paved. And once again he just poos anywhere. I have a place for him which i would love for him to go.

I need a trainer to help me show him how to and what to do. I am after someone who does in home visits and charges reasonably.

Toilet training a puppy is very simple, you don't need a trainer to help with that I'm sure. You just need to teach him what to do. I did a quick search and there are tonnes of threads here on toilet training.

Hopefully K&P will pop in soon with some advice - she's a great trainer but not in your area.

I'll post more information for you shortly, I'm just pressed for time presently.

Lab lover

Your puppy is not going to learn if you abandon him in the shed and leave him to his own devices. A puppy under about 4 months of age - will not be able to last the whole time you are at work either - they would last 3 to 4 hours tops. When my puppy was around 12 to 14 weeks - she was sleeping next to my bed - with her lead on her and under me so she couldn't get up without me knowing about it. And I set the alarm for the middle of the night and took her outside to potty.

Digital Dog Training Textbook | Dog Star Daily
    toilet training at dogforum

I would also suggest asking the breeder you got your puppy from to recommend some puppy schools and if they don't have any idea, ring up a local vet or the AWL or RSPCA and ask them to recommend some. These classes will teach you what you need to know to raise your puppy to be a well behaved polite dog. Untrained labradors are among the most obnoxious, rude and pushy dogs I know - they slobber on me, try to steal my treats, get tangled up with my dog, and knock us both over. Trained ones are bliss by comparison - and they're not born polite and well trained. It's up to you, and it's easy if you just take a few minutes a day.

Thread Information