Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Is My Boy a "Pittbull"?

Can you, who say the dog is not a pitbull, be specific about which points it fails because that would be helpfup to the Opening Poster (OP).

In my dog's case...

1. she has an undercoat or double coat even though it's a short coat overall.
    2. her head isn't equilateral enough or wide enough between the ears.
    3. her chest isn't as wide as the pictures show.

And 2. and 3. are side effects of early (8 weeks old) desexing!

I reckon my vet would be very confident giving my dog a certificate to say she's not a dangerous dog. I already have a version of it to get a discount on my dog rego, that says she won't attack another dog when walking past it on lead. Which is true. Our dog club - of which the vet is president - gives those out on successful graduation from grade 3.

The whole thing is nuts. We know not to judge humans by appearance alone, so why are we doing it to dogs.

Perth, WA

If i could post some photos to show the difference i would but im a bit illeterate with photos haha
    Today is a new day

Quote Originally Posted by mymatejack View Post
    Are those certificates really accepted?

hmmm, reading the above it is quite possible. Thats very very interesting actually. How many vets would have stated on vaccination certs etc that a dog is an AmStaff based on what the owner has told them. Will have to go check my vacc certs and see if it mentions jacks breed. Nick pickup!
    as far as I am aware they are. and yes every time I have taken a dog to the vet and they are filling a form out they don't even look at the dog, just simply ask what breed.

to be honest I know a lot of vets and can almost guarantee that most of them don't even realise this is happening, and most of them wouldn't know a pitbull from a pug! (slight exaggeration dont hurt me haha)
    "In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." - Edward Hoagland

Looks like a good looking Staffy to me.

Sits like a Staffy
    Sooks like a Staffy
    Smiles like a Staffy.

Too cute.
    Last edited by Brock's Mum; 09-22-2011 at 08:21 PM.

Thread Information