Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Box-office Hit Red Dog Sparks Interest in Kelpies

Bundaberg QLD

Quote Originally Posted by Chipps View Post
    Peer pressure from other kid's and parents trying to please a kid's whim and be seen as a caring I guess.
    Spot on !

We deal with this crap all the time and i'm firm to the point the kids think i'm a asshole at times. Even at 10 years old my lad thinks he needs to keep up with the Jonses.
    What $h!ts me the most is when i say no to a ipod and then he goes and visits the Grandparents and he comes home with one.

Quote Originally Posted by reyzor View Post
    Education is important, but big biceps are more importanter ...

There's already lots of 6 to 9 month old problem kelpies in the rescues.

There always will be. Careless farmers allowing puppies and handing off what they can't home of the litter to pet shops and the like. It freaks me out when I see kelpies and kelpie x in the city pet shops.

Red dog was great, I needed a lot of tissues but the funny bits in between made up for it. Eg the tough bloke and his knitting and the cat fight. Fave bits.

But an actual kelpie in my home? I have enough trouble with the heeler x farm dog bitza.

I think the worry the movie might make is that if the dog doesn't like it at your place then it will find its own home no help from you ie loads of them will be abandoned, not taken to the shelters for rehoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Di_dee1 View Post
    The run on owls in the UK after the Harry Potter movies was huge and they then had to build sanctuaries for them after the novelty had warn off and people surrendered them in droves.

Why can't bloody parents just say NO!
    My son is 5 years old and the things that he has wanted in his short little life is crazy! Between him and my daughter i would have a house full of animals, toys, lollies and i would have about 6 more children as every couple of months my son asks for a brother!

My answer for everything is - Ask santa

Thread Information