Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A Question for Clubsprint

Quote Originally Posted by puggerup View Post
    Off topic a bit Clubsprint, but the dog in your avatar looks like it's laughing at you.
    It also looks like a bulldog who used to live with us
    Glad you like this Avatar, I thought it fitting. My kelpie X smiles at you when he's excited.

Excuse the tear stains.. they were particularly bad that day.
    This is Bella laughing her butt off at Ollie
    Attached Images Attached Images

Southern NSW

Now that is a smilie face
    Pets are forever

She used to crack up at Ollie all the time

Do you actually read the articles you link?

From the one Newfsie linked agani.
    "Breed legislation doesn't work because it's not a dog problem, it's a people problem and it's getting owners to understand the need to properly train and socialize their dog."
    Your argument that two kids died that wouldn't have if there were no pitbulls - applies equally to cars and backyard swimming pools and baths.

Your argument that the kids would have lived - doesn't really hold because there are lots of other (preventable) ways for kids to die young.

Possibly the most life threatening and entirely preventable thing to happen to modern day kids across the western world is "sedentary death syndrome" - and walking a well trained dog of any breed would alleviate this.

Parents as role models for a healthy lifestyle - Your Online Green Magazine and Green Directory

Badly bred and neglected guard dogs are a tiny drop in the ocean compared to this.

Hay im not a old fart yeat im 17 thank you brey much
    Im s
    A long way from beening a old fart
    If you are reading this then you're doing just fine as to
    I'm not going to tell ya I lost the ' , . ? ! " Keys to my head
    No grammar no problem I don't know how to fly it any way Bye

huh? Who called you an old fart Kassie?

He said it hear

Quote Originally Posted by clubsprint View Post
    The questions are loaded. They're like that old nugget, answer yes or no, have you stopped beating your wife?
    Pibulls are killers, two deaths is two deaths that didn't need to happen.
    Is 2 deaths OK by you? Is it OK that two people die (probably children) so that you can have a Pitbull?

Incidently, taken from the article you refer to here, some of the killers have been a Siberian husky, four bull mastiffs, a rottweiler, and crossbreeds of boxer, greyhound, pit bull and mastiffs so I'd be concerned if I owned a mastif.
    2 out of 32 equals approx 6%. Does the number of Pitbulls representesd as a percentage of the total dog population in Australia come anywhere near that?

Also from the article you referred to
    In Canberra, however, RSPCA scientific officer Jade Norris says there is "some evidence that certain dog breeds have a greater genetic predisposition towards aggressive behaviour.

"They might also have a lower trigger point for aggression and due to their physical size and strength they may have a greater capacity to inflict serious injury compared to other breeds."
    Interesting. Let's see what's going on in Calgary (Doesn't that city get held up as the mecca for Pitbull owners?) "After years with Labrador retrievers at the top of Calgary's most-likely to bite list, pitbull and pitbull-type terriers have suddenly taken a dubious lead, passing both shepherds and retrievers."
    In Calgary? No!
    Article Biting criticism of dog owners | Columnists | Opinion | Calgary Sun Lets see what else we can find in Calgary about Pitbulls.
    What does an actual Calgary resident think?Calgary Pit Bull Attacks
    Lastly this link Pitbull Attacks, Maulings, and Killings
    Linda Watsons research only talks about deaths, it doesn't talk about maulings and bites. The evidence about these dogs is overwhelming.
    If you are reading this then you're doing just fine as to
    I'm not going to tell ya I lost the ' , . ? ! " Keys to my head
    No grammar no problem I don't know how to fly it any way Bye

he wasn't speaking about you Hun.
    The "old nugget" is a term he used for an old saying.

Rural NSW

Yes, Kas. Pugger is correct. It is a well used saying.

Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.

Thread Information