Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jumping Up

Southern NSW

Well done you are doing well
    Pets are forever

Except for a massive fail yesterday! We were walking the dog in an off-leash area and met a family with 3 huskies (amazingly calm dogs!) and a little girl. There were other dogs around too so it got a bit chaotic and I got distracted (no excuse though!). And before I knew it, my dog jumped up on the little girl, pushed her over and then jumped on top of her for a kiss too. Of course the poor child screamed (fortunately it was just from fright, no nails or teeth involved) and I felt oh so guilty and had to apologise profusely to her and her mother. I really, really, really have to remember that this dog cannot at the moment be trusted around small children at all - even when there are other distractions - and put her on the lead or get her to sit and stay when they are around.

I'm just not used to this new situation yet and I have to shape up. My old dog needed to be watched closely with other dogs but never paid much attention to people. This one is fine with other dogs but needs to be supervised closely with people.
    Last edited by Beloz; 08-21-2011 at 07:27 AM.

I always put my dog on lead when I see small children where we're headed. As soon as we're past (about 50m) I can let her off again, but the freaked out parents are just not worth it, and some of them have trained their kids to freak out at the sight of a dog. Well ok, the kids have over-reacted to something they've been told about being careful around dogs.

With ruby i put her jumping to good use
    By makeing a game of it doggy show jumping
    and she was good a it all the rigth leg leads and everything but it tock 4years to do it but she knew she can olny jump when i tell to
    and it even gave me the andged of the sper takel
    when told to be me getting anyod by my little sis
    she say tag your it kass and run of saying you cant chack me haha
    me ruby go sper takal her
    ruby run full speed funny seeing the look on her face
    it was like a oh sh!ttttt face when ruby tackl her down
    i do have a vedo of it on the old lap top
    It was funny. But sis was not hurt just laughing her head off
    If you are reading this then you're doing just fine as to
    I'm not going to tell ya I lost the ' , . ? ! " Keys to my head
    No grammar no problem I don't know how to fly it any way Bye

I find the support of forum members very very helpful. Because I think the dog/s pick up on OUR determination.
    There are no paths, paths are made by walking
    2 Schnauzers, 1 mini girl 13 months, 1 standard boy 19 months.

Thread Information