Thread: Vaccination for Your Dog?

Default Vaccination for Your Dog?

Hi there everyone,

We are new in this country and we are not sure about the vaccination rules/practices. Back in Singapore we give wawa one booster shot (C3) every year. Is it the same here?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

In Australia, we have until very recently, vaccinated our dogs yearly against hepatitis, parvovirus, and distemper (c3) and bordetella bronchiseptica and parainfluenza (c5).

Puppies are given only a c3 initially, and then the c5 as the second and 3rd booster.

Vaccination protocols are currently undergoing a change however, with many Vets now vaccinating adult with a c5 vaccine every 3 years.

Personally, I only vaccinate until they are adults and then I do not vaccinate anymore, unless required when they are geriatrics.
    A pessimist sees the glass as half empty;
    An optimist sees the glass as half full;
    A realist just finishes the damn thing and refills it.

I only vaccinate every 3 years, but many people still vaccinate yearly, it is just personal preference.
    C3 is the minimum vaccination recommended, and the one I choose.

Most dog training places and boarding kennels require yearly vaccinations for your dog to compete.

Western Sydney

Hi CL,
    I only vaccinate every 3 years,
    I can sort of understand where anne is coming from but why you do that every three years and it does not affect showing...
    I love cooking but I love eating even more.

Thread Information