Thread: Quitting Rescue

Default Quitting Rescue

I've posted a longer post on a gsd board I am on but I am pulling out of rescue. I have been scaling down what I do but I am the point where I just dont want to do it anymore for various reasons.

I am still there to help ppl who need help but I am going to be doing a lot more referring to other groups etc.

It's better to pull out than get too swamped or keeping on when you really don't want to be.... Referrals are a HUGE part of it. And sharing your networks with others will be just as helpful for others, especially for new people.

Hawkesbury NSW

Congratulations on many years of rescue Occy

14 years is a long time in exhausting and distressing work with very little support other than fellow rescuers and compasionate people.

It is time for you now which is very exciting. A new chapter

I am so happy (for you) that you have been able to make the decision to let go, and hope i am able to do the same one day....

Onwards and upwards....

"There is enough love and concern for animals in every community to overcome the irresposibility of the few"
    Nathan Winograd.

Give yourself a pat on the back for the years of work you have done and all the doggy lives you saved

How's the 'pulling out' going Occy... have your really stopped or have you found that it hasn't quite happened as you planned yet?
    A pessimist sees the glass as half empty;
    An optimist sees the glass as half full;
    A realist just finishes the damn thing and refills it.

Thread Information