Thread: It Comes in Threes

Default It Comes in Threes

They say bad things happen in 3's, what they don't say is how many sets of 3's.

First some moron thought it would be hilarious to throw a brick through the back window of our car - $300
    Then the headlight blew - $50
    Then the battery died - $110

Ok so that's 3 bad car related problems.

2 nights ago my OH was putting wood on the fire, one stick was too long, he decided to shut the door on it anyway thinking the glass would miraculously be stronger than the solid bit of wood. Needless to say the wood came out the other side of the glass - $200
    The laundry trough got clogged the other day and overflowed, making the lino bubble, now we need to replace the flooring in the laundry - $????

I thought our 3rd bad 'house' related thing came when at midday there was a knock on the door.
    Our dogs were all inside, but were barking their heads off as they usually do when there's a knock at the door.

Man at door: Hi, I'm here with xxx city council following up on a barking dog complaint
    Me: Ummmm, okay.... *silently thinking every expletive word I know*
    Man at door: Yes, have you heard the dog at this house here barking (points to neighbors house)
    Me: OH! No, no problems there.
    Man at door: Ok, can I just get your details (get's details) ok, thankyou.

Thankyou dogs, that looked REALLY good, NOT!

So who wants to place bets on what our third bad thing will be for the house?

Rural NSW

Oh gees, Crested, it sure has been a rotten time for you.
    Hope it ends soon.

Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.

The good thing is that he would have been able to tell your dogs were not barking as he walked up and only started as he knocked.

Bummer you seem to have had a lot of bad luck recently. Hopefully it is all over now.

I won't jinx you by guessing LOL

It's been a horrid month, but on the bright side, it can only get better, I hope!

I'm lucky our dogs are all pretty quiet. I don't punish them for barking when there is someone at the door or a noise outside, I'm alone a lot at night so like the living alarm system.

The dog next door only barks when she gets home from work and lets him outside and occasionally in the morning. It's only ever for a few minutes so there's obviously a non-dog lover/complainer nearby. It's a little Aussie Terrier so it's not very loud either.

Arrghh!! Sounds awful.

Sending lots of luck and well being your well....and Rox is throwing in a few bum rubs for good measure

Oh those all soud a bit poos CL

Hopefully the second lot of 3 doesnt get to be complete

Thread Information