Thread: How Much Excercise...

Default How Much Excercise...

I'm not sure how much excercise we should be giving our 8 week old Springer Spaniel...

I know springers can often have trouble with their hips and dont want to push her too hard and cause problems when she gets older...

Does anyone have a guide of how much excercise is the right amount?

We are also keen for her to run with us when she is older, how old will she need to be before we can try this without damaging her.

Thanks for your help!

talk to your breeder. At her age I wouldnt be doing much more than playing at home. Start her walks when she has had at least one more set of shots. There's a lot of parvo etc going around. I wouldn't run a dog flat out til it was fully grown - 18m - 2 years

Hawkesbury NSW

Hey Miss Bella

I would consult your breeder and vet for peace of mind.

As she is only a bub you need to be careful. There are lots of things you can do to stimulate puppies mentaly. Dogs need to have physical excercise though also mental stimulation. A combination of both is ideal.

Games, play, toys and basic training is what i would work toward for now. Check out the Puppy Development Calender pinned in this section

Good luck and let us know how you go

"There is enough love and concern for animals in every community to overcome the irresposibility of the few"
    Nathan Winograd.

Thread Information