Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can King Charles Spaniel Be Left Alone??

Question Can King Charles Spaniel Be Left Alone??

Im thinking of buying a King Charles Spaniel. Can they stay alone from around 7.30 in the morning to 3.30 in the afternoon on weekdays. I will walk it and feed it in the morning before i go, and then when i come ill give it lunch! Will it be ok??

If this is your routine from the day it comes home the dog will get used to being left alone and will be fine. As a puppy there may be a fair bit of crying for the first couple days to weeks but it will adapt. As long as you are meeting all its mental and physical exercise needs when you are home

If you are buying from a good breeder, they should be able to answer this and any other questions you have.

Rural Victoria

Quote Originally Posted by Keira & Phoenix View Post
    If you are buying from a good breeder, they should be able to answer this and any other questions you have.
    This. Definitely. Some breeds have propensities which are best known by experts on the breed.
    If you haven't a breeder definitely in mind yet, maybe join a cavalier chat forum and ask. It is best to learn as much as you can before you plunge in!

Cavs are very much a family dog and love attention and being around people. Having said that it will get used your daily routine. It will get super excited when you get home each day!!!

Moggill, Queensland

Did Online Pets get banned within an hour after posting only that post? O.O

Online pets made one post and had a link to their online shop in their sig.
    They should have read the forum rules

Oh and it was within 2 minutes of them posting.. not an hour.
    And thanks for questioning my decision

And these filthy little spammers and scammers only sign up so they can spam, scam and advertise.
    A pessimist sees the glass as half empty;
    An optimist sees the glass as half full;
    A realist just finishes the damn thing and refills it.

Rural NSW

yep, scum that they are.

Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.

Western Sydney

I can not think of any reason that they should not.

I have a mini schnauzer who was left alone in the backyard (in May) for at least 9 hours. We trained intensively for two weeks to minimise separation anxiety after we brought him home though.
    I love cooking but I love eating even more.

Thread Information