Thread: Wanted

Default Wanted

i am looking for a british or french bulldog or a pug to join our family!!

I have 2 children aged 3 and 5 and i want to find them an inside dog

please help!!! I have been looking everywhere!!

Have you tried Dogzonline?
    French Bulldog 121 breeders: French Bulldog Breeders, Australia
    British Bulldog 121 breeders: British Bulldog Breeders, Australia
    Pug 143 breeders: Pug Breeders, Australia

All breeders on this site are registered with the ANKC. Be warned though, this does not mean they are all reputable. Make sure you ask plenty of questions.

Make sure you ask about the common health problems in each breed and make sure the breeders tests for them or do not breed from dogs with these problems:

Pug health problems: hemi vertebrae - also known as screw tail, Pug Dog Encephalitis (PDE)- an inflammation of the brain, Luxating Patellas.

British Bulldog problems: Hip Dysplasia, Cherry eye.

French Bulldog problems: Brachycephalic syndrome, occurring in most flat faced breeds, can include problems like elongated and cleft palates, Cherry eye.

Great choices Tanz

I hope you don't mind extreme shedding though lol

All 3 of those breeds are wonderful. I'll be looking out for photos of your new pup when you get one..or 3

4. Default

Have you tried searching for one on animal rescue sites? They may have a bulldog or a pug. If none, they may refer you to other rescue sites or breeders.
    Border Collies are like potato chips, you really can't have just oneā€¦

Crested, PDE in Pugs is not common in Australia as yet (although I have no idea where the OP Is from anyway though). There are also no tests currently routinely undertaken in Pugs in Australia (sadly).

The most common health problems of the Pug are;
    PK (pigmentary keratitis)
    KCS (keratoconjunctivitis sicca)

BAOS (Brachycephlaic airway obstruction syndrome)

Joints and spine:
    Luxating patellas

Tanz, where are you located?
    A pessimist sees the glass as half empty;
    An optimist sees the glass as half full;
    A realist just finishes the damn thing and refills it.

Thanks Anne, I must have been looking at American sites.

I saw a couple of pugs advertised on the other day, from the Pug Rescue - a mother and son if I remember correctly. The rescue website is Pug Rescue and Adoption Victoria.

If I were you I'd scan every day or so to just check what dogs are out there - I'm pathetic, it's one of the sites I first load every day to have a look. If I weren't allergic to dogs, I'd have hundreds by now - thankfully poodles are hardly ever advertised so I'm safe

Otherwise as Crested said, the dogzonline website has a list of breeders. This is a link to the 'mature' pugs for sale page, and and British Bulldogs. I found my 3 year old toy poodle through this site - with young children you may not be after a puppy, and I'd suggest an older puppy or young/older dog - this site is great for finding them!

Great advice Allie. I agree about Dogzonline as well. Breeders offer both adult and puppies on the site.
    A pessimist sees the glass as half empty;
    An optimist sees the glass as half full;
    A realist just finishes the damn thing and refills it.

Thread Information