I am a product design student at uni and am spending this year working on a design project targeted at dog owners. I am trying to spot a market opportunity or problems that occur with home grooming methods and design a project that would make it easier and a more enjoyable activity for consumers. I'm currently in the process of conducting the market research for the project by trying to get an insight into current dog grooming methods in Australia and would really appreciate it if you could spare a few minutes to answer some questions.
When I refer to grooming, I am referring to anything and everything, from nail and hair clipping, brushing, anal gland expression, teeth and ear cleaning, with the main focus on washing and drying of dogs.
1. How often do you groom your dog and to what extent?
2. How often do you take it to the groomers, and for what service?
3. Where do you wash your dog? (eg. kitchen sink? Patio?)
4. Any annoyances or difficulties?
5. What are the tasks you go through to wash and groom your dog?
6. How would you describe your feelings towards grooming?
7. What tools/equipment is used?
8. How many dogs?
9. How were you taught the grooming process?
10. How important are your dogs appearance?
11. Age group: Under 13, 13-25, 26-35, 36-45, 46-55, 56-65, 66-75, 76+
Any answers would be greatly appreciated!