Thread: Doggy Pimples??

Default Doggy Pimples??

Iv noticed little pimples on my boy's belly & near his hind legs. Some are little scabs. They don't seem to irritate him though. Is there anything I should put on them or just leave them alone?

Any idea what they are or what causes them? I did notice 1 ages ago but now there's about 15.
    Last edited by Twinkie; 08-29-2014 at 04:59 PM.

Pimples as in white filled with a pus/oil substance or blood?

Could it be fleas?

Without seeing them I wouldn't really have a clue. I'd say if they aren't bothering him then don't worry too much. Maybe just give him a bath and make sure he's completely dry, just to clean any irritation that might be lingering on the skin.

Have there been any changes lately? Grass a little longer than normal (my other dog was allergic to grass), a change in laundry detergent and you've washed his bedding, diet change or something that he's always had being added more to his diet?

It sounds though it might be allergy related. A contact allergy perhaps?

Fleas allergies will show skin irritation on the top side of the rump near the tail, not on the abdomen.
    A pessimist sees the glass as half empty;
    An optimist sees the glass as half full;
    A realist just finishes the damn thing and refills it.

They are pimples, and they can be an allergic reaction from the saliva from fleas. It could be mites, a fungus or a bacteria infection.
    My best guess is fleas though. The only thing you can do, is remove the fleas from the pup, and the environment.
    Education not Legislation

Definitly not fleas, well none on him anyway. I'm vigilant with keeping him & my home flea free!! Could be grass allergy, we have been taking him to the park more often & the grass has been overgrown. It's mainly in the area where there's not a lot of hair/fur. He dosnt seem bothered by it soni might just leave it alone unless it gets worse.

Thread Information