Thread: Lymphoma

Default Lymphoma

Hi Guys,

Im new on the forum...

Just yesterday my partner and i were told that our 2 1/2 year old Female Amstaff "HAVANA" was dignosed with Maglignent Lymphona stage 3.

This of course is such a shock to us and we are absoultly devostated.

We are off to dicuss all open options with our vet for her treatment tommorrow.

Can any one please help with any kind of advice would be greatly appreicated.

Thank you

Rural NSW

Hi, I am so sorry.
    I am only familiar with the human form of it as I am nearly now a year in remission.
    It is classed as a cancer of the blood. If you think of a channel with regulators along it, the regulators are the lymph nodes that catch the rubbish in the water and clog up. They then develop into tumours.

Human lymphoma is very treatable and many reach remission with chemo.
    I feel that your vet will be able to give you more information on whether or not chemo will have a chance, that it may or may not slow or cure the disease or whether quality of life may be too affected.

I am so sorry. I hate cancers.

Any posts made under the name of Di_dee1 one can be used by anyone as I do not give a rats.

I've got no idea, but stage 3 is pretty bad.

I can only suggest - ask the vet what he or she would do if it was their dog. And ask them up front about how much each treatment would cost, and what the alternatives are, and what the quality of life would be like for the dog afterwards...

And write a list of what questions you have and take it with you. I get so frazzled sometimes, that I forget what I wanted to ask until I get home (d'oh).

Hope it works out for the best...

Also if you have a record of your dog's ancestry, you might want to get your vet to send details to the they can collect info on whether or not it could be genetic.
    LIDA - LIDA - Faculty of Veterinary Science - The University of Sydney

Thread Information