its after hrs here (9pm) but I will goto vet in the morning.
Until then- we have a 6 yr old beagle. Being a beagle he eats ANYTHING (in the past he has eaten my husbands dentures, a whole raw pumpkin, burning candles- you get the picture).
Today he has been shivering. This morning I thought it was just because its a bit cooler- but hes still doing it and its like a constant muscle tremor. Hes tired and in his basket the whole time (he usually follows me around). I am worried he has eaten some sort of poison or garden fertiliser. I know some neighbours have used rat bait in the past ( he wont have got rat poison, however could have eaten a poisoned rat?). I spread organic seaweed crumbled fertiliser on the garden last week- this is chemical free however would still be bad- he may have eaten this...
any ideas? It may not be an ingested poison at all- something else? He is still drinking and I fed him a smaller version of dinner.