Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Heart is Breaking

This is Winston in my picture by the way.

I've never personally witnessed it. But I have at work.
    How much do you know about it? I can only really explain how your vet would have.

CVD that is.
    Education not Legislation

I dont know much about it. It's been since Monday and he's not as bad as he was on Monday when it first happened, but he is still stumbling and wobbly - when will this go away?? Can this be linked to a problem with the liver?

I'm sorry to hear about Winston.

Hopefully when he gets his scan done they will be able to tell you more.

I am not a Vet and I haven't had experience with any of these, but all I can say it to love him more than ever, spend lots of time with him and hopefully all the good vibes will make him feel better.

Like someone else said, 13 (or was it 14?) is a very good age for a dog, and as much as you don't want it to be true he may be his time to go to the bridge.

I had to let my dog go when I was 12 years old, he had Bloat and Arthritis and he was 16 years old. As much as I didn't want him to leave me, I had to make the right decision for him.

Let's just keep our fingers crossed that all this can be helped with medicine.

Please let us know how his scan goes, I'm sending hugs and thoughts to you and Winston xx
    <a href= target=_blank></a>

If I Just Lay Here, Would You Lay With Me And Just Forget The World?

thanks to everyones replies to this original message. Im sorry it's taken me so long to update. I really did appreciate all the advice and well wishes for Winston.

Winny's scan revealed liver disease, but nothing else, thank goodness.

Ive had him on Denosyl and milk thistle. I also purchased some Hills Prescription Diet for Hepatic support. He doesnt like it much though, and also doesnt like the milk thistle (drops) in the mince ball, and Ive read it can taste bitter. But I try to persevere to get him to eat it.

He is better than a month ago. I suspect that a part of the problem then was the big heat and humidity really knocked him around. He has lost his bloated belly, and also the wobbles - vestibular syndrome I mentioned - has also corrected itself. He also doesnt seem so lethargic, but again, I suspect the heat had something to do with that.

I plan on getting following blood tests taken in around 3 weeks, to see if there is any improvement in his liver function. Needless to say, Im feeling better than I was a month ago. xx

Thread Information