Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bark Busters ...does It Work ?

Default Bark Busters ...does It Work ?

Just grabbed a bark busters book.
    Does it work? After a very quick thumb thru, it looks like u spend all day going BAH at your dog.

I had someone come over for and hour costing $250 years and years ago to teach me to throw a chain on the ground and yell bah at my dog

I wouldn't bother with them again.

I have no personal exsperaince with them but have heard not great things about the trainers they send out & their methods seem to vary greatly.
    Dogs make everyday life enjoyable...........

Off to puppy skool on Thursday
    Will ask the vet
    The whole book is the same...throw chain yell BAH
    sounds like an angry sheep

Bark Busters on A Current Affair

Had a good old giggle watching that :P
    Rule of thumb, never trust anything advertised on a current affairs program.

I suspect it's a bit like a fad diet.

Bark Busters itself is a franchise so the quality of what you get can vary ie different person, different skill level.

And the other problem is that it depends on training an owner who doesn't quite get it or they wouldn't need bark busters. So often what bark busters tell them to do, they're not prepared to follow through on a consistent basis or their timing is off.

I know a lot of people who have had bark busters in. I don't know anyone for whom it has been a complete success. Mostly I'd blame the owner, but you gotta wonder if bark busters have done a good enough job if none of the owners "get it" after they've been.

I know I have to train my puppy a few things, but I want to enjoy him. I don't know if I wanna walk around throwing chains on the floor yelling BAH all day.

Moggill, Queensland

You can't "escalate" the word no now? I can understand the throwing of chains as a distraction, but I think there are better ways of doing it lol

Southern NSW

Bah humbug...........

Seriously........Start with puppy classes at a good place and work on from them. Puppy training should be fun. And if trained well from day one you will never have to say anything more then "off" or "enough" or such.

You do have to pick your puppy classes. I am not into the free for all ones either where the "bully" puppies terrify the quieter pups. i like good basic obedience type puppy classes, where they are given some controlled off lead time and play fun.
    Last edited by newfsie; 01-18-2011 at 07:23 AM.
    Pets are forever

Northern NSW

Took my 12 year old daughter & pups to a group puppy session twice & decided it was not for us or the pups..

The instructor had zero people skills & spent most of the time boasting about her own brilliance and used training terms without explaning what they meant.
    ... Jade ...

Aha yeah me too! wee wee or pee pee and poo poo's or poopie

Thread Information